Honored Contributor

Re: Costco - Free Membership - ever???

Sam's Clubs closed where I live.  

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:
Spoiler

In janueary i got a 3 month temp pass since i only wanted to buy 2 things.

If i don't havecard for Costco i just getin line and ask person infron of me to borrow there's. nobody ever says no!

Costco does not issue temporary passes.  Maybe your're thinking of BJ's?  I can't imagine asking a stranger to borrow their membership card, or a stranger just saying yes to that. 

Trusted Contributor

I paid for my Executive membership, which isn't cheap. Unless they're family members, no one else will be using my Costco card. I've offered to take friends into Costco WITH me, they haven't taken me up on the offer. I will never hand my Costco card to someone else, especially a stranger.  

At the Costco that I go to most often, we  have to show our cards to get into the store: no card, no store entry. You also have to give the cashier your card before they'll start checking you out. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:
Spoiler

In janueary i got a 3 month temp pass since i only wanted to buy 2 things.

If i don't havecard for Costco i just getin line and ask person infron of me to borrow there's. nobody ever says no!

Costco doesn't offer 3 month temp passes. I've been a member for 15 years, in that time they've never offered a temporary pass.

Sams Club offers them, (at least they used to) but they're for one day only. 

Esteemed Contributor

If the Cosco has a pharamacy they will let you in without a membership.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

If the Cosco has a pharamacy they will let you in without a membership.

That's true, but you can't purchase anything in a B&M Costco without a membership,  unless you have a Costco gift card that someone has purchased for you. You can shop at Costco.com without a membership, but there's a surcharge of either 5% or 10% added to your order, not sure which one. 

Honored Contributor

The surcharge is 5%, which really isn't bad.  I think shipping is free too. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Why would someone expect to get something for free when others are paying for it?

Because there are, unfortunately, those who don't think they have to play by the rules and feel they are entitled to get over on the rest of us.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I've never heard of a three month temporary card at Costco. They have had a one day pass to look around or eat in the cafe but you cannot purchase any merchandise. Not sure Sam's still has a one day pass. There is a 10% upcharge on each purchase.

Respected Contributor

There is no way Costco or Sam's would offer a pass allowing anyone to shop and get the club prices. That would defeat the purpose! No one would buy a membership if you could just get a free pass to shop for a day/week/month/whatever.