Honored Contributor

Re: Costco - Free Membership - ever???

I think I read somwwhere that wine,etc purchases do not require a membership. But I'm not sure.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I think I read somwwhere that wine,etc purchases do not require a membership. But I'm not sure.

@Group 5 minus 1  No wine, alcohol sold at my Costco. NY

Honored Contributor

Our Costco here in Michigan has a gigantic beer,wine,department. Thanks for the update.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Our Costco here in Michigan has a gigantic beer,wine,department. Thanks for the update.

@Group 5 minus 1  Our grocery stores in my area can only sell beer. No wine or alcohol there either.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn’t read all the replies here, but do you get Groupon?  I got my membership at half price and 8 really good coupons.  I am not impressed with Costco, not going to renew. My Sams club best for me. 

Honored Contributor

I'm in the boondocks and I'll keep my Costco membership forever, even though our closest store is 125 miles away.  Their shipping is tops, it beats my other two choices for items unavailable locally, Amazon Prime and Wal Mart.  

Esteemed Contributor

Why would someone expect to get something for free when others are paying for it?

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:
Spoiler

In janueary i got a 3 month temp pass since i only wanted to buy 2 things.

If i don't havecard for Costco i just getin line and ask person infron of me to borrow there's. nobody ever says no!

Getting a temporary or trial membership is one thing.  Boldly going into the store, knowing you don't have a membership, and having the nerve to ask a stranger to use their membership is dishonest.  And don't say it's no different than asking a friend.  It is different.  A friend is doing another friend a favor, maybe as an introduction to the warehouse, so they could see what it's like and BUY THEIR OWN membership.  Shame on you.  

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:
Spoiler

In janueary i got a 3 month temp pass since i only wanted to buy 2 things.

If i don't havecard for Costco i just getin line and ask person infron of me to borrow there's. nobody ever says no!

How do you get into the store - we have to show our card at the door.

The only one I would ever lend my card to is my daughter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@godi wrote:

Didn’t read all the replies here, but do you get Groupon?  I got my membership at half price and 8 really good coupons.  I am not impressed with Costco, not going to renew. My Sams club best for me. 

@godi  Funny, Sam's just did something similar.  Years ago, DH and I had a Sam's membership.  A Costco went up and we checked it out, liked it, and joined.  We carried both memberships for the balance of the year, maybe even renewed both for another year (can't remember, it's been a long time).  Eventually we opted to let the Sam's membership go and continued with Costco.  We prefer it for many reasons.  Anyway, I received an email about joining Sam's for a discounted price.  I was curious so we ended up going there and joining again.  I can't say we'll be there often but the timing was perfect.  Every spring, I get the urge to shop for melamine dinnerware that we can use on the patio and every year I talk myself out of it.  True to form, I've been thinking about it again.  Lo and behold, if Sam's didn't have a pattern that I fell in love with and the set of six 3-pc. place settings was only $30!  We'll still do the majority of our shopping at and thru Costco, but it's nice to have the Sam's option...for now, anyway.