Respected Contributor

I just had a pizza delivery guy drive through my fence gate!

I have a gate across my driveway and I always exchange the pizza and money at the gate. This guy jumps half out of his truck and the truck kept rolling into my gate, it pushed the gate back, I almost got hit and my dogs almost got run over. The gate hit my parked car. I was in shock, yelling "oh my God, oh my God" thinking my dogs were hurt. When I asked him for his insurance information he would not give it to me stating "he did not hit it" I said "what do you mean you did not hit the gate, it is bent and it hit car". He argued with me and I called the sheriff. So the police report is done, They sent me a new pizza but the guy left the old one laying on my driveway so I have to pick it up. My gate is ruined. My fence is aluminum fencing so it was expensive. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I just had a pizza delivery guy drive through my fence gate!

The delivery guy sounds like a real lame brain.  If he is not insured, you can go after the pizza parlor.  What a shame that your gate is ruined.  Good to hear you are okay and the dogs.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Be sure and take some pictures so you can prove what happened... just in case

Honored Contributor

Good grief.  I hear you about replacing property.  It IS expensive.  Not to mention it takes time and some times you have deal with workers who arent qualified to do the job as well.  Heres hoping all turns out great.

Honored Contributor

@conlt After calling the sheriff, I hope you called the pizza shop and spoke with the manager to tell him/her what happened. I hope you took photos as well before the ahole driver left your property.

Esteemed Contributor

Don’t you have insurance?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I would be ticked.  Especially with dogs, fencing is critical.

So what you can replace it (of course you can, but at what cost, how much time, will it be done right, etc) - it's a major disruption.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

In the eyes of the law it is the restaurant's fault because the driver was acting as an agent of the pizza place. They have to have insurance on the drivers. What  a jerk!

Honored Contributor

I hope the driver didn't leave the scene. 

Esteemed Contributor

@conlt  I hope you tipped him.  You know those guys aren't paid much and depend on tips.  AND it's a dangerous job.  Locally just in the last few weeks one driver has been killed and another was robbed.

He's going to need the tip even more since he'll probably get fired.

If there was ever time for a "pity" tip, it's now.

And as @PilatesLover said...it's the restaurant's fault anyway.  

Keepin' it real.