Honored Contributor

Re: Costco - Free Membership - ever???

@Kachina624 wrote:

@RinaRina.  Aren't there other places from which you can purchase a Nest Doorbell?

yes there are

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:
Spoiler

In janueary i got a 3 month temp pass since i only wanted to buy 2 things.

If i don't havecard for Costco i just getin line and ask person infron of me to borrow there's. nobody ever says no!

I don't think I would have the nerve to ask someone in line for their card.

Honored Contributor

If you can use the Costco pharmacy without being a member why do you have to show your card at the door?

I don't have a membership with Costco, the one near me is in a very busy, congested area, don't need that hassle.   But I do have a Sam's Club card.    They quit making you show your card at the door years ago.   You can buy food at the little snack bar without a membership, same with the pharmacy.

And I would never allow a stranger to use my membership to make a purchase.

At Sam's, I get get one extra card, no charge.    My DD has it.   I can also buy another card for a discounted price to give to a friend or family member.

Honored Contributor

You can go into the store and ask for a one day pass which is free however if you do buy something, there is a 5 or 10% non-member surcharge on it.

Honored Contributor

I've walked in to Costco without showing my card.

The cashier asks for your card before they start ringing you up.

Esteemed Contributor

There is someone standing at the door of my Costco and you do have to show your card. Costco, in the past, had guest passes - not sure if they still have that option.

I have never seen a membership for free and I've shopped with them for years.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

There is someone standing at the door of my Costco and you do have to show your card. Costco, in the past, had guest passes - not sure if they still have that option.

I have never seen a membership for free and I've shopped with them for years.

@riley1  Same with us. There is someone at the door and you must show your card.

Super Contributor

It has been my experience that if you buy your gas at Costco and do a fair amount of shopping during the year you will definately pay for your membership and it will be free. Costco isn't only about bulk purchasing. I do very little of that and still get a lot of quality items I couldn't purchase elsewhere. 

I especially like buying online, paying no shipping (altho I know it is added into the price from the in store item) and most of all having it delivered to the house. That is a great convenience for the seniors, esp in the winter months--which seem to me are gettingl longer every year!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:
Spoiler

If i don't havecard for Costco i just getin line and ask person infron of me to borrow there's. nobody ever says no!

That is really gaming the system. I would have no trouble saying no if a stranger asked to use my card.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:
Spoiler

Every Costco I've walked into, we had to show our membership cards to get in.

I'd be that person to say no.  Sorry but I and everyone else in there has to pay for our memberships.