Honored Contributor

Re: Costco - Free Membership - ever???

YIKES.....I am SO Sorry I was WRONG!!!!

After reading what I originally wrote I started thinking🤔🤔 and then realized it was NOT Costco...

Yes, I did use another card to pay BUT it was at a BJs wholesale club.  I only

wanted to buy a Taylor pork roll (NJ thing) that someone here told me they carried at BJs.

(honestly, don't even know if they are still here in our area) they did give "temporary" pass & 5% upcharge if I recall that's probably why I asked to use his card.

I apologize😮 but for the record, I went to Sam's today & no one checked my card to enter just checkout.

sorry!!!!! 

Trusted Contributor

No they don't ever offer free membeships, I am wondering with the paid membeship why prices are not a lot better at Costco. I know prices continue to climb but isn't that the idea of a paid membership they offer the best deal.  You should not be able to beat their prices anywhere and you can. Not every household can buy in huge bulk and many items you have to pass onno matter how good the deal. Many of our retired friends have dropped their membership for those reasons and more.

Honored Contributor

We shop there to buy in bulk. Stock up on paper goods and all household items and some types of food.

I don’t want to bother buying this stuff when I do regular grocery shopping for food. 

Works great for us.

Respected Contributor

I'm retired have costco membership, love their clothes, shoes, towels etc.. as for food mostly pantry stuff like coffee that I use everyday. It's a great gym membership, if you walk that store you got a good workout. Don't forget the food court nice cheap lunch. I have even ordered on line if I can't find it in the store. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I'm retired have costco membership, love their clothes, shoes, towels etc.. as for food mostly pantry stuff like coffee that I use everyday. It's a great gym membership, if you walk that store you got a good workout. Don't forget the food court nice cheap lunch. I have even ordered on line if I can't find it in the store. 

This made me laugh.  It's so true!!!  Definitely a good workout, especially if you do a few laps around!  :-)

I don't buy a lot in bulk there - only sometimes.  Even though I no longer have a big family living at home, I still find membership to be very useful.  Not everything there comes in gigantic quantities.