Respected Contributor

I don't want to take over this thread by responding to eveyone but I'm reading every post and really enjoying (?) your disasters!

Esteemed Contributor
On 5/19/2014 Jules5280 said:
On 5/19/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 5/19/2014 Jules5280 said:

Kittymom, that is the best story!!!!! What a great way to learn to make dumplings. I love chicken & dumplings, but never made them because for some reason my daddy didn't like them. I have not perfected them, but I like them lots.

Hey Jules, it's all really funny now but not so funny at the time! Your story about your Mom and Dad and the chicken was so sweet. I can tell you the really easy way I make chicken and dumplings if you're interested - it's definitely not from any cookbook!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yes please!!!! I will take all the help I can get, especially from you! I know you posted about having a tough day, but please know you are loved and respected here. I love your posts and find you so joyful and clever. I appreciate you, just thought you should know. Okay, how do I make awesome dumplings? Smile

I guess you could say it hasn't been a tough day, it's been a rough 2 years and counting, and I know you've had a tough road recently as well. I hope you're doing okay - you sound bright and cheerful, but I can identify with what goes on inside.

I'll try to type out how to do the recipe and post it here tomorrow. It's really simple, I just don't measure anything but the biscuit mix for the dumplings, so I'll do my best. I like my dumplings "biscuity" (if that's a word), but you can easily make them into the more dense rolled out kind. Check back on this thread tomorrow.Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Just last Thanksgiving I forgot to put the sugar in the pumpkin pie. That is a favorite at my house on Thanksgiving and I couldn't figure out what all the funny faces were until I bit into mine. I was talking while I was making them and I just forgot.

The first Thanksgiving I cooked the turkey I put the oven on self clean. By the time I realized the door was already locked. Smelled like we roasted a goat in the middle of the living room. Awful.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor
On 5/19/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Just last Thanksgiving I forgot to put the sugar in the pumpkin pie. That is a favorite at my house on Thanksgiving and I couldn't figure out what all the funny faces were until I bit into mine. I was talking while I was making them and I just forgot.

The first Thanksgiving I cooked the turkey I put the oven on self clean. By the time I realized the door was already locked. Smelled like we roasted a goat in the middle of the living room. Awful.

I love these stories! Reminds me that I am not alone in my ridiculousness.

Super Contributor

I guess you could say it hasn't been a tough day, it's been a rough 2 years and counting, and I know you've had a tough road recently as well. I hope you're doing okay - you sound bright and cheerful, but I can identify with what goes on inside.

I'll try to type out how to do the recipe and post it here tomorrow. It's really simple, I just don't measure anything but the biscuit mix for the dumplings, so I'll do my best. I like my dumplings "biscuity" (if that's a word), but you can easily make them into the more dense rolled out kind. Check back on this thread tomorrow.Wink

No hurry Kittymom, I totally understand. I will check back, but no rush, when you get around to it that is fine. I try to be be bright and cheerful, I am a "Dolphin" afterall, according to Croemer's animal quiz. I just don't feel very much like it on the inside right now. I think I am definitely misunderstood here a lot, but that is okay. This forum doesn't define me, although I had the good fortune to meet some really wonderful people.

Trusted Contributor

One day I boiled a half dozen eggs -- except I forgot that I was boiling a half dozen eggs. I took a shower, then puttered around the house until I heard a few loud pops. Eggs everywhere -- in the vent above the stove, on the floor, inside my kitchen utensils holder, even in the dining room (very small kitchen.) I was still cleaning up pieces of boiled egg days later!

Respected Contributor
On 5/19/2014 Eliana said:

One day I boiled a half dozen eggs -- except I forgot that I was boiling a half dozen eggs. I took a shower, then puttered around the house until I heard a few loud pops. Eggs everywhere -- in the vent above the stove, on the floor, inside my kitchen utensils holder, even in the dining room (very small kitchen.) I was still cleaning up pieces of boiled egg days later!

Oh! I remember that happening to my mom once. The stench is incredible isn't it??!!

Trusted Contributor
On 5/19/2014 scotttie said:

Oh! I remember that happening to my mom once. The stench is incredible isn't it??!!

Just horrible. And it stays around a while.

Trusted Contributor

And this one isn't a cooking disaster, but a serving disaster. Back in the late 80s when I was a newlywed, I decided to serve my hubby breakfast in bed, his favorite cereal, Super Sugar Crisp. I walked on my knees from the end of our bed with two bowls full of cereal and milk, and lost my balance and threw the cereal all over him and all over our bed! Luckily he had a great sense of humor, and our family and friends enjoyed the story, and still talk about it to this day.

Super Contributor

And this one isn't a cooking disaster, but a serving disaster. Back in the late 80s when I was a newlywed, I decided to serve my hubby breakfast in bed, his favorite cereal, Super Sugar Crisp. I walked on my knees from the end of our bed with two bowls full of cereal and milk, and lost my balance and threw the cereal all over him and all over our bed! Luckily he had a great sense of humor, and our family and friends enjoyed the story, and still talk about it to this day.

Okay, that is too funny! I am sure your DH didn't appreciate the milk bath at the time, but it's a cute story, and you will always have cereal as an inside joke between you. {#emotions_dlg.wub}