Respected Contributor
On 5/20/2014 MickD said:

Lipstick ~ Are you a Magyar?? My DH is and I love chicken paprikash..lecho too!

I haven't had any accidents....go figure. One gross thing happened once......We had ordered in a pizza. I put some green dried spice on it....I looked at the pizza and it was moving!....the spice container was full of little bugs...grossed me out. DH was po'd because I ruined the pizza.

Oh no! I had that happen once as a young wife. I was putting flower in the pan to make the gravy and it was moving....not from the cooking either

DH makes oatmeal cookies from a family cookbook that the person who submitted it said that one major ingredient had been accidentally left out and the family liked them better that way!! They are wonderful cookies!

Honored Contributor

Scottie ~ Gross!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor

Oh my gosh. I had the bugs in my flour once! Gross is right! I learned a long time ago to put a bay leaf or two in the flour and seal it up well. Never had those mealybugs again..

Honored Contributor
On 5/20/2014 scotttie said:
On 5/20/2014 Emma bunting said:
On 5/20/2014 Emma bunting said:

No real disasters....but one story my mother in law never let me live down. When I first got married, I wandered the store looking for "roux". {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

My son almost had a major disaster on his hands when he was cooking a romantic dinner for his girlfriend's birthday. Luckily he called Mom before he put the 3 HEADS of garlic he had chopped up into the recipe. Lol. He got an education on the difference between a clove of garlic and a head of garlic!! I think that could have put a real damper on his romantic evening, don't you think?{#emotions_dlg.scared}

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Those are great!

The "roux" one reminds me of when my oldest was a little girl. She and her bff went with me to the grocery store. They begged me to let them help so I told them to go find me some "Pet brand canned milk" After a time they came running up all excited. "We couldn't find "PET" but we got "Goat"!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.scared}....they sell goat milk in your grocery store? Where do you live? The Himalayas?

If I had to guess, though....I would have said that your worst cooking disaster would have to be a night when your husband wasn't there to cook!! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Ohhhh Emma. It's ON tootsie!!!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

ahhhaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...gotcha there scottie...the little Princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Et tu Croemer????

Yes, the bay leaf works wonders. I just put bay leaves on the shelf now and haven't had a bug since.

Honored Contributor

Et tu Croemer????

Yes, the bay leaf works wonders. I just put bay leaves on the shelf now and haven't had a bug since.

{#emotions_dlg.blush}YES!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**