Honored Contributor

I think they should have used levels of ROYALTY

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I think they should have used levels of ROYALTY

@Desertdi 

...and instead of "hearts" we could have "curtsies!"😁

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

I need to clarify:  I didn't lose all my posts.  I believe only some in prior upgrades disappeared.  When my sign-up date changed, I still had a post count, just not as high.

I also could not find my old posts from my early days.

@Cakers3,   When I saw your clarification I realized that I probably inadvertently created a wee bit of confusion.  I should've clarified that I was thinking about the usual question that comes up on these threads...  asking if a post is deleted by the poster or "poofed" by the moderators (or if someone is banned) does it reduce our listed total post count.  
My brain stays foggy these days, as do some of my posts...  my train of thought goes off the tracks!🙃🙃🙃 

I agree with you, when the new platform launched I think most of us saw a drop in our post count and the loss of old posts.  We lost some history there (some of it I was sad to lose).  

@dooBdoo  The history had so much politics and religion.  I wonder if they did it in a way to remove all of those post as much as they could; although the political ones would be out of date by now.

btw:  Where did you get your little smilies?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   LOL

I prefer cash.

How Much Money Did Walter White Actually Make in Breaking Bad - FandomWire

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I've seen some people get upset about losing posts like the number is a big accomplishment. Let's see who wastes the most time here!  Fortunately, most of us don't care since it's not like you get anything tangible. 

@GenXmuse   There may have been one or two posters upset but overall I think most were just asking what happened out of curiosity in terms of how the forum had changed and what those changes would mean.

I sure most posters know it means nothing.  (And my earlier post was tongue-in-cheek, btw.)  Oy.

You are fairly new but years ago you could see a list of who was online.

Some posters would not sign out so it would look as though they were here 24/7. 

Now THAT caused some nasty accusations.

I know we can still see "online' or "offline" in profiles (if set) but back then it brought up everyone online on one page.

Honored Contributor

Re: Contributor levels

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I've seen some people get upset about losing posts like the number is a big accomplishment. Let's see who wastes the most time here!  Fortunately, most of us don't care since it's not like you get anything tangible. 

@GenXmuse   There may have been one or two posters upset but overall I think most were just asking what happened out of curiosity in terms of how the forum had changed and what those changes would mean.

I sure most posters know it means nothing.  (And my earlier post was tongue-in-cheek, btw.)  Oy.

I know we can still see "online' or "offline" in profiles (if set) but back then it brought up everyone online on one page.

@Cakers3  The list of who is online is still here. Top left under community menu click on blogs and forums. Scroll down halfway and you will see a header'Online Now'. It also tells how long you've been logged in and how long active.

Honored Contributor

Re: Contributor levels

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Mz iMac 

LOL! So true!

Your 'status' and $4-$5 will get ya' a cup of coffee from Starbucks, but nothing else, LOL!

It means nothing......

@KingstonsMom,   I don't know if anyone else remembers, but when the switch to the new platform took place this "title" or "ranking" caused a big ruckus.   Thread after thread about it.  The "heart" feature created a commotion, too.   It wasn't well-liked at first. The list Khoros uses on other sites moves up to things such as "Acclaimed Contributor" and "Exalted Contributor," for more activity, longevity, hearts, posts, logins, etc., but so far no one on the Q forums has those designations -- I'm fairly sure it stops at "Honored Contributor." I think it would be good to suppress it, so it isn't displayed...  or give us a choice to customize it.   Not sure what I'd choose, but there ain't gonna be no exalting or acclaiming deserved or coming in my direction, just glad and blessed to be here thankyouverymuch.😊

@dooBdoo   LOL  @HeartHeartHeart

Yes, we had the:

You ignored my heart.

You only give hearts to those you like.

You don't give hearts to those who disagree with you.

How do you remove a heart?

You removed a heart - why???

Hearts are fun.

Hearts are childish.

Hearts only belong on Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day is fun.

Dr. Oz is a heart surgeon.

Who watches Dr. Oz?

Did anybody see Dr. Phil today?

And so the thread would go off the rails.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Cakers3  The list of who is online is still here. Top left under community menu click on blogs and forums. Scroll down halfway and you will see a header'Online Now'. It also tells how long you've been logged in and how long active.

@proudlyfromNJ   I didn't know that!!

LOL  I have mine set to "Offline" yet there I am on the list.  And it says "Invisible" under my nic.

What????

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   I didn't know that!!

LOL  I have mine set to "Offline" yet there I am on the list.  And it says "Invisible" under my nic.

What????

@Cakers3  I didn't see your name so maybe only you can. I have mine set so it can't be seen yet one time I saw it. 

Honored Contributor

They can start me at zero for all I care.  I don't even look.  The less this place looks like Facebook the happier I am.