Honored Contributor

What foods taste good from Amazon Fresh?

What foods taste good from Amazon Fresh?

Valued Contributor

Re: What foods taste good from Amazon Fresh?

Although I’ve bought sanitizing wipes from there, I’ve never bought food, but food sold in grocery stores is sold on Amazon fresh so I’m pretty sure it’s all good, meaning not expired, etc......They are very dependable too; packaged nicely and delivered right on time, etc.
Respected Contributor

I don't understand the question, because it's a grocery store.  Whatever you think "tastes good" at any other store, you can get there.  They probably won't have every brand you're looking for, but they are quality products.  I bought some Italian sausage from a brand I never heard of, and I think it was the best sausage I ever had.  I've also bought their Happy Belly brand in many things and haven't been disappointed.

I've been using it for seven months now, and my only complaint is that in one order all my bread was smashed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
-
Respected Contributor

Like other's have stated, Amazon Fresh is a grocery store. I order frequently from lhem because they often are less expensive for items than the local supermarkets. They carry a large assortment of organic foods and their own brand is high quality. They also carry Pat Lefrieda meats that are an excellent quality company. 've never had any issues with them, but rather have been very happy. Getting a new order ready now.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I do use Amazon Fresh occasionally, but I am very careful now. I will never buy frozen items (ice cream, in particular) because we were constantly getting defrosted and dripping packages. Refrigerated products seem okay. Produce is a kwap shoot.

Many of their products are at a very good price, though.

Remember that you can get a refund for any problem quite easily.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

They carry their own brands and foods specific to them. I mean, what foods from them, tasted good to you? Any food  special you love from them? Do you love their ground beef, for example? I'm trying Fresh for the first time. Most of their food is not name brand foods I've tried before. 

If you asked me about Publix, for example, I'd say I like their ground round, Resers Signature Macaroni and Cheese, Amy's Family Size Frozen Enchiladas, Driscoll's blueberries and strawberries, Boarshead hummus. I don't like Publix's store brand of butter, so I buy Land O Lakes or Breakstone. Most of Publix's foods are name brand foods I am familiar with.

Honored Contributor

How can anyone answer this question?  Everyone has different tastes.  What appeals to one person wouldn't appeal to someone else.  Not everyone has the same access to the brands stores in their areas carry...

Super Contributor

I have ordered from Amazon every week since March. Mostly I buy brands that I used to buy from my local Kroger store. I have tried the Happy Belly brand which I believe is an Amazon brand and I've been happy with it. If you decide to shop on a regular basis with Amazon Fresh, you'll notice that some weeks they don't have something that you've been buying consistently. For example, some weeks their supply of fresh chicken is nonexistent and other weeks, there is plenty of it to choose from. This is probably a regional situation, so this specific example may not mirror the experience you have. It's likely that you'll run into shortages of some products from time to time so you may need to also have a quick grocery store trip to supplement your order. Hope it works well for you Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I use both Amz fresh and Whole Foods all the time and not had any issues with the food at all-----the meats are fine and the frozen things frozen--but I prefer to buy my own produce . And nearly every order has had all my choices and been delivered hours before the delivery times. I usually pick the earliest time avaiable for delivery too--seems like there is more available for my order that way.