Trusted Contributor

Re: Commercials you HATE

[ Edited ]

Those rotten teeth commercials, 'I went in looking like this, came out looking like this' (full set of new teeth) ugh !

Honored Contributor

The Oscar Mayer Yum Yum Choir.  Dumb Dumb.

Honored Contributor

Re: Commercials you LOVE TO HATE

[ Edited ]

99.9% I find annoying, obnoxious, TMI, or downright boring and irritating......some examples are---

ALL Liberty Mutual ads

Venus razor "shaving sensitive areas"

Medicare

Pharmaceuticals

People sitting on toilets talking about various products (vacations, constipation, bowel issues, )

A woman interviews a little girl not wearing pants because she's a dinosaur....how the heck does that help sell Eggo Waffles?!?!?!?

The Lexus commercial where the parents are caught coming into the home and make excuses where they were (they obviously fib saying it was a parent/teacher conference) the obnoxious teenage daughter confronts their lies and the wimpy parents wilt and give the car key to the teenager and tell her she can take their Lexus to school......🙄😫

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

For many years now, I rarely watch anything in real time.  I record the shows and movies and play them back later, fast forwarding through all commercials.  Saves a lot of time ....  and makes me wonder why people continue to sit through these stupid commercials.

I haven't seen any of these commercials, but I have to say, @SeaMaiden , it's been a long time since I've seen someone use the word "teenybopper".  LOL  Woman LOL

Sports fans like me watch games LIVE---and sometimes they even show a split screen with the players on one side and the commercial runs on the other....so you can't avoid 'em

I watch the news LIVE too.......

I really like movies from the 40's and TCM doesnt have commercials (except an occisional one for their "wine club") so I watch those movies live too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have three that make me instantly hit mute on my remote.

1.  Melissa McCarthy and The Property Bros. 

2. Jonathan the Insurance Manager pushing the $9.95 Insurance policy. That one runs 

mostly at night when I'm watching Frasier on the Hallmark Channel

3. Cindy Crawford pushing the skin care products from this "amazing melon" that is 

grown in the south of France and has all of these anti-aging properties.  That 

commercial seems to run forever.  I'll leave the room for a few minutes and when I

come back it's still playing.   I've never been a big fan of Cindy Crawford and 

watching them saying that she wanted to develop this product so that all women

could be able to afford it is so laughable.  I think we are all smart enough to 

realize that she's only a spokeswoman for this company and is enjoying the 

big payday that she is receiving for hawking this product.

Respected Contributor

J Town Girl I saw an infomercial for Meaningfull Beauty with Cindy Crawford. I could not get past that growth on her face that is passed off as a beauty mark. After the third or fourth close up of that thing I had to change the channel
Honored Contributor

One that immediately comes to mind is any Liberty Insurance commercial.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I could live the rest of my life very happily without ever having to see and hear the commercial about the "bent carrot".

🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

I haven't figured out why Kevin Hart yelling over and over is supposed to make me want to buy whatever they are selling. There is another one where a woman is screaming across a cliff to another woman...don't even know what she is attempting to sell since I change the channel so fast. Yelling and screaming seems to be a new tactic...maybe they think the audience is hard of hearing...

Trusted Contributor

The balance of nature and the pain relief pills commercials..they are on constantly and are really long! Like infomercials....