Respected Contributor

Re: Commercials you LOVE TO HATE

The Spectrum cable commercials are terribly annoying. Two guys are supposed friends. The one friend Tony, continues to invade the personal space, house and garage of the other to enjoy hs cable.  His friend actually yells at him in a high pitched tone,  "Tony, what are you doing in my house?" There's  continued yelling and  back and forth banter, about why he should get his own subscription to Spectrum. The commercials are continued and now they've added a woman to join in on the insanity. 

Spectrum must realize the silliness of that commercial and now they've added a new commercial. One that introduces a calm, knowledgeable and non intrusive, friendly cable guy. Everyone  is so glad to see him... including me. 😆 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I rarely see commercials, I flip over to QVC and my timing to go back to the show is pretty good.

QVC is one big 24/7 commercial 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I rarely see commercials, I flip over to QVC and my timing to go back to the show is pretty good.

QVC is one big 24/7 commercial 

@scatcat Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

I've actually never seen those commercials where I live. They don't bother me.  I thought the last one was kind of cute.  That would be me trying to get up on a horse.  I'm "indoorsy".

@Linda0215    I think what really bugs me about this one is they play it like three times in a row... 

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

I've actually never seen those commercials where I live. They don't bother me.  I thought the last one was kind of cute.  That would be me trying to get up on a horse.  I'm "indoorsy".

@Linda0215    I think what really bugs me about this one is they play it like three times in a row... 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

oh yes, that would bug me too.  It's happened where I live and it definitely snaps you to attention in all the wrong ways!

Honored Contributor

I can't stand all of them already listed but I actually do hate the Liberty Mutual ads with the dorky guy and that ridiculous emu.

Super Contributor

The one for Chase bank with Melissa McCarthy breaking plates and vases.

All the Medicare Advantage commercials.

A new one for Colorado tourism where a woman wails something indistinguishable in the background and I can't understand what she's saying.

Lume.

Super Beets.

All Liberty Mutual commercials.

Manscaping razor set.

Products to improve urine flow in men with prostate problems. Fountains and firehoses in the background.

NuGenix "She'll like it too"

Honored Contributor

For many years now, I rarely watch anything in real time.  I record the shows and movies and play them back later, fast forwarding through all commercials.  Saves a lot of time ....  and makes me wonder why people continue to sit through these stupid commercials.

I haven't seen any of these commercials, but I have to say, @SeaMaiden , it's been a long time since I've seen someone use the word "teenybopper".  LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

The Medicare commercials especially with the guy from Good Times yelling in a screechy voice.  Also all the insurance commercials that don't make any sense.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

rocket mortgage with the screaming husband.