Honored Contributor

Re: Collected As Part Of A Promotion…………

@Nickname new wrote:

So QVC is incentivizing "objective" reviews?? with promotions i.e. freebies and discounts?? Very interesting.........

NO  @Nickname new 

to my knowledge QVC DOES NOT give incentives for reviews at all.

I believe you misunderstood.

The VENDOR may.

Sometimes QVC also reprints reviews from the vendors direct site with no mention of a promo as well.

Super Contributor

I personally do not take those "promotional reviews" as honest reviews. Just me, but I don't read them, most are very glowing and highly recommend. I want a review from someone who bought the product and used it. Right or wrong, I don't go for them.

Contributor

Maybe I misunderstood and ALL promotions come from vendors, I still believe the practice of QVC posting reviews from potentially Non-QVC shoppers, is questionable and somewhat deceptive.

Trusted Contributor

@Nickname new wrote:

What does that mean exactly when stated before a product review?  Just curious......thanks in advance!

@Nickname new funny you should ask this because I was just thinking about this.  I see it on lots of other sites (sometimes makeup sites) and just saw it recently regarding a Sprigs faux fur scarf.  

I ask because I was wondering how people become part of "a promption" and get free stuff to try and review.  I wouldn't mind that gig!  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Nickname new wrote:

So QVC is incentivizing "objective" reviews?? with promotions i.e. freebies and discounts?? Very interesting.........

@Nickname new   I see those types of reviews here a lot, but I've never seen one that said it was QVC that gave the promotion.  The ones I see state the review came from the brand's own website, and was given as part of a promotion.

QVC has been importing tons of reviews from the brand's website, instead of QVC shopper reviews.  If you see an item that has hundreds or thousands of reviews, check to see that the vast majority of them are not from QVC shoppers. 

@Caaareful Shopper

100% correct.  There is always a little line that the review was collected from the brand's website.

Regular Contributor

Several years ago, I was sent free products by HSN.  All they asked was I leave a fair, objective review.  I did leave a review with a medicore rating because both products were subpar in my opinion.  Guess what???  I have never been asked again.  Based on my experience, I ignore the reviews that are "part of a promotion" or the reviewer was given the product.  I may be sceptical, but I think they are playing a psycological game because people do not tend to leave objective reviews if they received some kind of compensation. 

Respected Contributor

I completely disregard those reviews.

Honored Contributor

The reviewer received the product for free, in exchange for posting a review.

Respected Contributor

I have also seen reviews that are submitted to have a chance at winning a gift card.

to me on amazon if a product gets a lot of good reviews it seems like the price goes up