Contributor

Collected As Part Of A Promotion…………

What does that mean exactly when stated before a product review?  Just curious......thanks in advance!

Respected Contributor

Re: Collected As Part Of A Promotion…………

This review was collected as part of a promotion' means that the reviewer was offered a discount on a product in return for an objective review.    or they might have gotten it free

Respected Contributor

A few years ago I ordered some argon oil on amazon, when it arrived there was an offer for a free bottle if I submitted a review.  It does kind of influence you to give a good review so I don't trust those reviews.

Respected Contributor

I just got paid $3.00 for a Walmart review. They gave me 48 hours to submit it. I wrote......well.....something. It shows as "incentivized review."

Contributor

So QVC is incentivizing "objective" reviews?? with promotions i.e. freebies and discounts?? Very interesting.........

Honored Contributor

"Paid Advertising"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Which may mean that the review can be skewed.

Honored Contributor

@Nickname new wrote:

So QVC is incentivizing "objective" reviews?? with promotions i.e. freebies and discounts?? Very interesting.........

@Nickname new   I see those types of reviews here a lot, but I've never seen one that said it was QVC that gave the promotion.  The ones I see state the review came from the brand's own website, and was given as part of a promotion.

QVC has been importing tons of reviews from the brand's website, instead of QVC shopper reviews.  If you see an item that has hundreds or thousands of reviews, check to see that the vast majority of them are not from QVC shoppers. 

Honored Contributor

Once on Amazon I was offered a free skin care product for my review of the same product that I bought and was using.  

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Paying me wouldn't influence my decision to give a good review when I didn't like the product.  Giving a good review because of a monetary incentive really isn't being honest, is it?

I'd like to think most companies want an honest review.  They use these reviews to determine the product's success when released to the market for sale.