Trusted Contributor

You know those little tags that you present when you check out at the grocery store so you get the sale price?  I washed mine this afternoon.  Some weren't too dirty, but the ones used the most---------well, let's just say I'm glad I did it. 

Isn't it something how we are so aware of where some germs accumulate and keep those places clean and then don't think about some other places?

What are some "uncommon" places that you clean that maybe some of us don't think about cleaning?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

I'm sure there are many.  I try not to think about it or I may not leave the house.  I think we've been programmed to think germs are everywhere waiting to attack us, but the vast majority survive just fine.

Steering wheel, door knobs, condiment containers, grocery carts, menus.

Trusted Contributor

No clue about tags at the grocery store?? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning Scan Code Tags

[ Edited ]

I used to keep all the little store tags on a key ring.  I found out about an app called Key Ring that I downloaded.  You just take a picture of all the store tags and keep them on the app.  Then you just pull up the app, and they scan your phone.  It's much easier that way.  I pull it up when I'm waiting in line and have it ready for the cashier.

@spud188  She's talking about the store loyalty cards or reward cards that you get.  I have them for grocery stores, pharmacies, places like Sephora, Lowes, pet supply stores, and many others.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

i am constantly wiping stuff like that off with anti bacterial wipes!!

Honored Contributor

My store's reward method is a card that you swipe before swiping you credit card. No worries about bacteria or viruses.

I just can't get into thinking too much about germs. I've decided that when I am exposed, it will just make my immune system kick it up a notch; I will be stronger for the contact.

That's my survival story, and I'm sticking with it. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Credit cards, restaurant menus, keys, the "pen" you use to sign the card swiper at the store... you name it! I can't sanitize all these items, but l use hand sanitizer after l touch them. Germophobe? No!!... just being smart!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

No clue about tags at the grocery store?? 

I think it must be similar to a little card like thing I have on my keyring that I use to check out books at the library and shopping at Kroger to get the cheaper price.

Respected Contributor

it’s hopeless. You spend all this time cleaning stuff like this but every time you go out you are exposed again, what about your shoes, what about your family, what about visitors to your home?

I always wash my hands as soon as I get home from being out and I take my shoes off at the door. Other than that I try to eat healthy to keep my immune system up, get Flu shot, and it seems to be working because I never get sick.

Forgot, I take a tsp of Cod Liver oil every day. 

Honored Contributor

Your cell phone is probably the dirtiest thing in your possession...and to think you place it up to your face...Woman Tongue