Regular Contributor

I never carry any of them. I just always enter my phone number and that works fine.

Respected Contributor

This is something that’s very low on my list of things to worry about.

Honored Contributor

I never present a store card; I just use my phone number.

Honored Contributor

@wismiss

Grocery stores here don’t use those tags. It is either on sale or not. Really annoying idea to have to jump through hoops.. 

But I do believe the HSN TS can solve everyone’s cleaning paranoia! LOL

Respected Contributor

@spud188

I am also clueless.  There are cards each store has that get scanned and coupons,  but "little tags" leave me baffled. 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack, thank you for the explanation.  I wish there were one card that works for all stores.  The app you describe is interesting. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh Duh..thanks for explaining. I don't keep those cards/tags either and just use my phone number too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cleaning Scan Code Tags

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

My store's reward method is a card that you swipe before swiping you credit card. No worries about bacteria or viruses.

I just can't get into thinking too much about germs. I've decided that when I am exposed, it will just make my immune system kick it up a notch; I will be stronger for the contact.

That's my survival story, and I'm sticking with it. :-)

Same for me.

I take what I consider to be usual precautions (I carry hand sanitizer and use it throughout the day when I'm out and about, I wipe down phones, remote controls, etc, when I'm in hotels), but I don't go crazy.  Germs are everywhere.  I do what makes me comfortable, and don't put much thought into the rest.  Otherwise, trying to fight them would be a never-ending endeavor.  And an unsuccessful one, too.

eta:  All the rewards/member cards I have are actual cards, not tags.  I either swipe them myself or just tell the cashier my phone number.  

Honored Contributor

I have a ton of tags

Grocery store

Library 

Gym

pet store

and on & on

@spud188 wrote:

No clue about tags at the grocery store?? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cleaning Scan Code Tags

[ Edited ]

Key ring app 

you will be glad u did