Honored Contributor

I guess it’s also a shame that people who live in Florida or other warm climates have to decorate their trees in 80 degree weather in Dec.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  I am truly surprised at your response.  I would never judge you or suggest what you personally like to do as " over doing it" as the OP stated.  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@QVCkitty1  I am truly surprised at your response.  I would never judge you or suggest what you personally like to do as " over doing it" as the OP stated.  

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop , I apologize  if you think I was judging you, I was not. I simply meant that the OP was expressing an opinion, and that I didn't understand why her opinion would effect you one way or the other. 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't know of anyone "tree trimming" at the end of September. 

I do see a many planning ahead by buying decor they want to use when they do decorate. 

Trusted Contributor

I Live in Florida it is pretty much always 80 degrees here.  I love decorating and have been doing it earlier and earlier each year because it just looks pretty.

It has been a crappy year, first COVID then the unexpected passing of my husband a couple of weeks ago. Christmas will be VERY Different for me this year but I will be putting my tree up late October because he would want that for me and because I love it.

If you don't like it, don't watch the shows, if you don't like it don't decorate but please don't take away from those of us that do.

I can't stand the countless hours of fashion and shoes and beauty products so guess what, I just don't watch them.  I don't take away from those that love that kind of thing.  

One thing I have learned in the past couple of weeks is life is short.  Don't sweat the small stuff because it is ALL small stuff.

Pardon my rant, I am a little grumpy this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a niece who has an artificial tree and loves putting it up in October and decorates with various Fall decorations which then lasts into Thanksgiving weekend and then her Christmas decorations during the week after Thanksgiving....It's beautiful and gives such a warm ambience from Fall into the Winter months...She just loves decorating and gives her all to her home and family.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Super Contributor

Every year I read the same complaints about early Christmas shopping, too many shows dedicated to Christmas etc. and then as the holiday gets closer, the complaints of the items some wanted are all sold out and then the complaints of slow shipping, no shipping, etc.  With many stores closing, people not physically going into stores and shipping companies being inundated with orders,  it is best to do things early.  QVC is a retail business and therefore is looking to make money.  I bet more is spent on Christmas than any day dedicated to shoes, makeup, vacuums etc., which by the way bores me to tears and I don't watch.  I think QVC has always had a nice selection of products and I am thankful they are still in business.  If it is not for me, I just change the channel!

Honored Contributor

With a Christmas Eve birthday I cannot help but be excited about holidays especially with young wide eyed grandchildren.  From the moment my granddaughter's Aug. birthday is over talk turns to Christmas. 

This year more than any other I think needs to be done early.  I usually start Christmas shopping around Labor Day and finish by Halloween.  But due to Corona I am now almost done shopping.   Between slow shipping for online orders and 6 ft. distancing inside stores I do not want to spend much time in a check out line.  So nothing wrong with a 3 month prep. time for Christmas.  Whether for decorations, gifts, to the food ingredients.  Peace on Earth not bah hum bug.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

MissPepsi so sorry for your loss. I applaud you wanting to still decorate this year. Go for it ! God Bless and stay safe!

Respected Contributor

I have a friend in Texas where it has been hot  in the 80 to 100 who leaves a huge to the ceiling decorated tree up all year long. She isn't especially religious either. She complains about hot weather and I complain about cold and snow.

Many people are in the 50s for temperatures and we are expecting a bit of snow Friday am that will melt with freezing AM temps Up North.There is one single man in my neighborhood who puts up his outside lights and decorations in October. When the weather is decent some people like to do it early.

I toss some older Christmas items and acquire a few new pieces every year beginning in July. VPH had sellouts. I decorate the week of Thankgiving after enjoying my Fall items. I put out some Wintery things out in October. We had school closed on Halloween due to a snowstorm once. Yes ,a few Snowmen, plain Christmas trees, come out. I find the candle and lighted items soothing at night when days are darker and shorter.

I know during Lockdown some put out Christmas lights to offer some cheer during uncertain times. If it makes you happy go for it😄