Trusted Contributor

I am well aware that many of you love Christmas.  So do I.. Just not NOW..... Tree trimming when it's 80 outside just doesn't do it for me    I've said it before and I'll say it again... if it takes you 3 months or so to prepare for Christmas well possibly you're overdoing it.

Respected Contributor

I don't decorate until December, if I decorate at all. 

With that said, I wouldn't have a negative opinion about others who do as you posted about. Doesn't bother me .

You stated that you've said this before and your saying it again..,blah bla blah. You should ask yourself why you feel the need to repeat this criticism that does not affect you one iota unless it is happening in your home.

Respected Contributor

Ugh & again...many people start buying months ahead for Christmas because they need to meet a budget & spreading out purchases works for them. It isn't 80 everywhere...deal.

Respected Contributor

If it brings people some joy, then what does it matter. Seems pretty harmless.

Honored Contributor
People can go all out for Christmas decor if they want...or do nothing. Whatever they enjoy. It doesn’t bother me like it did in the past. Guess I am mellowing!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not tree trimming, heck we probably won't even put up a tree. I will decorate though. I will spare you the details.

But, I enjoy the Christmas shows. If you don't, don't watch. This has been a doozy of a year, I feel like if some of us get enjoyment out of watching Christmas shows or going all out with the decor, by all means, we should do it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

I am well aware that many of you love Christmas.  So do I.. Just not NOW..... Tree trimming when it's 80 outside just doesn't do it for me    I've said it before and I'll say it again... if it takes you 3 months or so to prepare for Christmas well possibly you're overdoing it.

Sorry @Junebug54  but I don't care what does or does not do it for you because it dosen't effect me one bit. So why you find the need to continue to be critical of those that do things differently than you and suggesting they are overdoing something they take pleasure in is beyond me. 

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54  Frankly I take offense to your post.  Why would you chastise those of us who do choose to decorate when ever we personally want to do so.  Really???

Esteemed Contributor

I ignore all of the decorations that start going up in stores and online in October. I might put up a small tree in mid-December and a wreath on my front door....that's it. But - I don't care what other people do. Honestly, I don't know anyone who starts decorating in October, but if that's what they want to do, then go for it. I do my thing - they do their thing!

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Junebug54  Frankly I take offense to your post.  Why would you chastise those of us who do choose to decorate when ever we personally want to do so.  Really???

@BornToShop  If the OP isn't supposed to be bothered by your opinion, why be bothered by hers. No one will stop you from decorating starting now if you desire. Why take offense ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan