Frequent Contributor

Re: Cheesecake Factory cheesecake

Ordering two different flavors now!  Thank you for posting the link~

Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201, that cheesecake looks good........ But I love their red velvet cheesecake, that it is all I ever get (maybe 2x/year, and split with hubby into 4 portions, as it's so rich!). I love the lighter version of their chopped salad, and get that when we go. I get the vinaigrette on the side, so I can get two meals out of it, because it's still a large portion!!

Honored Contributor

I haven't been there in a long time.  Now I wondering if they still have Kahlua cheese cake.  Heading to their website to see if it is listed!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Their cheesecake looks so good.  I just don't order it as I'd want the whole piece.  LOL

I don't think I've ever had more than one tiny taste.  They all look incredible.

I like Cheesecake Factory, but everything is so fattening there.  It's hard to get something light--even their lower-fat dishes seem to have a lot of "extras" in them.  It's too hard to eat healthy there unless I ask them for a plain grilled chicken breast and steamed broccoli, lol.

We rarely eat there due to how caloric their items are...but they do look good.

Try the Skinny menu...everything is calorically controlled and they list the calories. The food isn't great but definitely a lot better than entrees with 2000 calories.

Edited to add the Tuscan Chicken is low in claories and very tasty. The portion will leave you not feeling hungry either....

Thanks.  I'll try the Tuscan Chicken!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 Glad you enjoyed your cheescake! That is nice of your daughter to bring that to you.

I don't know, I am probably in the majority but I am just not a fan of Cheesake factory. I just think their food is kind of boring and just okay. I do like their champagne brunch though but just the champagne, lol.

I like some of their cheescakes and their carrot cake but their portions are wayyyy too big and they are super rich- I can only eat a bite or two and I am done. I had a gift card for CF from a friend and so I went again several months ago but if I didn't have that, I probably would never go again. I am super picky about cheescake though and there are much tastier cheescakes than CF and if I am going to splurge on the calories of cheescake I want a really really good to-die-for cheesecake. Smiley Happy

Oh, I agree that their portions are out of control. Even with lunch portions, I could still eat 3 or 4 times later because I could never finish a whole portions. Even my husband can't pull off finishing what he orders. Not even close.

I have never been to their brunch. 

I have tried many other cheesecakes and this is one of my favorites. I like mine creamy, not crumbly and dry. I really did enjoy a goat cheese cheese cake at a restaurant I went to once. That one was the best I have had. 

Their meals are out of this world in regards to fat and calories. This is a place I could eat at once a year, two at the most!

I do agree with you, if you are going to splurge on all those calories and fat, it should be on something you really love.

@Irshgrl31201 oh so do I! I've had cheesecake that seriously just melted in your mouth it was so creamy! oh gosh sooooo good! I will have to try to see if I can find a goat cheese cheesecake, that sounds really yummy (if done right, of course)! Enjoy!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 best place to get frames is zenni optical dot com. Huge selection; very inexpensive.

And they're good quality.

Respected Contributor

@sugarbabayj wrote:

If you like salted caramel,you should try these. My absolute favorite.

bequet gourmet caramel 24oz celtic sea salt binding misc brand bequet ...

Really, really good! So soft and creamy.

Super Contributor

Love the Red Velvet!!

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 best place to get frames is zenni optical dot com. Huge selection; very inexpensive.

And they're good quality.

Thank you for the tip @YorkieonmyPillow!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Irshgrl31201

I had the same problem.  I went to an ophthalmologist (MD who does not sell glasses) instead of an optometrist who does.  He told me not to waste my money on glasses - just to use drug store readers. It has been 10 years and he is still telling me the same thing. I have moved a little in strength of the readers.  

This is what my sister told me to do as well. I picked some up at Walgreens a couple of nights ago and they are perfect. I only need them when reading smaller print. For example, I cannot read the small instructions on skin care or medicine bottles at all! Within about 6 months it happened. These work perfectly because my eyesight is fine with everything else and these work great on those little bottles or books with smaller print. So thank you so much @DiAnne!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK