Honored Contributor

Re: Check your bank statements!

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I check my accounts everyday.  And My bank notifies me of any  transaction  immediately via email

Until they don't.

Couldn't figure out why we weren't getting them from Chase.  When I tried to log in it has been the biggest ****storm ever.

Just hope you don't have the same name as some other customer or relative with the same name.

We have passed the one week mark and they still can't straighten it out.....

Honored Contributor

That happened to me but it was about 20 years ago when we used tellers and things were manual.   Someone made a $1200 withdrawal and the teller made a Mistake in the account number.  I wasn't good at balancing my account back then but we were going on vacation the next month and I was checking to see how much cash I had.  That's how I was the $1200 credit.   It took about 10 days for the bank to figure out what happened and give me my money back.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I agree. This happened in the '90's. When online accounts weren't available. But my Dad, being someone who lived thru the Depression wanted his money in one account. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I check my accounts everyday.  And My bank notifies me of any  transaction  immediately via email

Until they don't.

Couldn't figure out why we weren't getting them from Chase.  When I tried to log in it has been the biggest ****storm ever.

Just hope you don't have the same name as some other customer or relative with the same name.

We have passed the one week mark and they still can't straighten it out.....

@CelticCrafter @I had a log in problem with my bank two weeks ago. I have a credit card from a clothing chain, not the bank, that I had not used in over six months. The card charged my account for an annual free shipping membersip renewal I have with them. My bank locked my account because of the charge. I had to jump through hoops to get back in.

Yesterday, my husband went to the doctor. He had a $100.00 copay. He put it on his credit card. About five minutes later, my husband was purchasing a product sold in the doctor's office for $105.00. The charge wouldn't go through. He had to call his credit card to get it approved. They were trying to protect him in case his card was stolen and someone was misusing it. He called from the office and took care of it because the nurse suggested he try that. Luckily,that was all it took. 

Respected Contributor

I guess it's human error.  When my statement comes in the mail I reconcile it and it comes out to the penny so I guess We're lucky?

One time it came out .25 cents over.  I called the bank and they said well, it's in your favor just forget it.  That only happened one time.

Any flim flam found on the statement, the bank would fix it but I DO reconcile every month.  I mean, a checking account, you must know how much is in there, right?

When I pay doctors it's with a credit card.  I don't give out a routing number ever.