Honored Contributor

Re: Celebrities “In Person”

@Jacie wrote:

Years ago,I had the treat of having a pace lap in the racecar of Paul Newman. He was so gracious and kind, And yes, his eyes were that blue.

In my late teens, I met Gordon Lightfoot at one of his concerts and was asked to attend an after-party as his guest. I declined. He asked for my number, I declined as he was twice my age and married at the time! I have been chided by many for not taking him up on his offer!

This would be my dream encounter, riding in a fast-moving car driven by Paul Newman. 

Honored Contributor

Taylor Swift - One of DS' good friend's father catered her concert, and because DS' friend was a teenage girl at the time she got to help! She said Taylor was demanding, wanting only certain foods, and sending them back if she didn't like the way they looked. She also said she screamed at her staff a lot, and she was not very nice to DS' friend, never thanking her for anything.

@beach-mom Sounds like hormones.

Super Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  That's so interesting, thanks for replying!

Valued Contributor

In the very early 80's I was in my gynecologist office and lady started chatting with me, she was also waiting for her exam. We exchanged names and talked for a few more minutes, she hold me a bit of her interest and travels. Haha, Joan Baez and I shared the same gynecologist! I was close friends with our shared dr.

In the 80's I went to a book signing in Cupertino Ca, Desi Arnaz was on a book signing tour, My sister , mother and I were waiting in line -maybe 20 people in front of us, the next thing I knew someone lightly grabbed my upper arm, it was none other than Desi himself. I remember he said hello pretty woman, I must have turned red. He laughed and asked who I was with, he then kissed my mom and sister, gave me a hug and said he was very happy we came to see him. He sounded the same as he did on the old show, he looked just as handsome and a bit older. I've met a few through the years but he was the kindest man and my favorite..

My mom would fly from CA to Oklahoma to see her mom and sister. Of course she flew coach. This would have been in the early 60's. She was sitting next to a gentleman and he started talking to her, he started humming and next thing you know he was singing to her. He turned and faced her through three songs. I wish I was there, she was being serenaded to by Fats Domino!

I was at Harrahs Tahoe to see Neil Sedaka, he gave a wonderful performance and sang all his songs from the 50-60's  plus a few new ones. After the show my husband and I were waiting for a table for dinner and Mr. Sedaka walked by and stopped to talk to me. He took my arm and my husband followed. Mr. Sedaka had us seated at a table and said dinner was on him. We thanked him, he's another kind man and generous.

Trusted Contributor

Bill Medley - served him when I was a waitress.

Dustin Hoffman - met him when I assisted my brother when he had a catering business.

Respected Contributor

Over the years, I have probably met and chatted with over 100 celebrities...many famous athletes. I would have to say they were probably the most genuine and personable. If you know who Art Buchwald was, I sat next to him on a plane and he talked my ear off....completely delightful. 

I have listed many of the others here before. We spent a lot of time in Taos and Sante Fe when we lived in ABQ. Almost always saw a celebrity either skiing or shooting a movie. I think I only met one celebrity who was completely full of himself and hardly gave anyone a second look, and surrounded himself with an entourage.  I will be nice and not give his name....but he was considered a big hearthrob and acted like he was doing everyone a favor by just being there. Ick.

Super Contributor

@deepwaterdotter:
This would be my dream encounter, riding in a fast-
moving car driven by Paul Newman.

Better a slow-moving car driven by Paul Newman, don’t you think? Those eyes! 😂
Honored Contributor

Okay... for all of you who are recalling those eyes...

Welcome to RolexMagazine.com...Home of Jake's Rolex World Magazine ...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

People always comment on how my brother looks like a young Paul Newman.
Honored Contributor

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
People always comment on how my brother looks like a young Paul Newman.

@mamaslittlepotato 

Where does he live? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~