Honored Contributor
Would be interested in others' input.....?
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

This is the only wedding that didn't make me cry.  And I always cry whether it's a real wedding or a tv/movie wedding.

I also never noticed that Andie MacDowell's eyebrows slanted down so much before.   

I don't think I'm alone when I say, if we have to have these characters, then Olivia should be with Paul, and Jack should be with Alex.   (Jack will be traveling for his story; Alex will be in the Hamptons part of the time.)  Making that happen will lead to lots of angst and will help make Grace strong again so she can support Olivia while Olivia agonizes over the decision.    

And you noticed, I'm sure, that the actor who plays Cliff is in the movie shown directly after Cedar Cove.  Someone was speaking about how the Hallmark actors switch between shows a lot.  

I haven't found anything yet that indicates whether the show is coming back for another season.

It seems to me the people on these forums could write more informative and lively scripts than the ones Hallmark has used so far.

@GingerPeach   I absolutely would like to see Olivia with Paul (I don't care so much about Jack and Alex but yes, they are a much more suitable couple).  But, I don't think Paul should be giving up so soon and leaving.  Nobody likes a quitter!  I like Paul but am losing respect for him for leaving.  And also for not asking Olivia that last question before he decided to leave. So I lost some respect for him.

Back to that final question, Olivia's expression on her face indicated to me she would say "no" but her reaction to Jack lettting her brother rend out his house -- Jack might need it -- indicates  to me otherwise.  But yes, Olivia and Paul are a much better match but I think Jack is much more attractive, esp. when Paul has that awful beard stubble going on.  If the show does come back, how many milliseconds will go by before Olivia blabs to Grace what Paul confessed to her?

Dylan Neal is in a new mystery show for the Hallmark Channel this season so the station definiteily keeps recycling their actors (same like the Law and Order different shows - actors repeated those shows constantly). 

The writers need to develop the characters much better so the audience is more invested in them.  Cliff and the wedding being a good example. If we aren't invetested in the characters, who cares?

Hi @Pearlee (I will always think of you as Pearlee!)

I retract my statement about the "Cliff" actor being on the movie following.  I had only glanced quickly before writing the post, and it wasn't him at all.  (I didn't watch it so I hope he didn't show up to make me retract my retraction!)

I think, on second thought, I'm moving beyond wanting to see any one character on Cedar Cove with any other specific character.  So long as a couple has some sparks between them, that would be enough.  Olivia used to have that with Jack in the beginning.  They just seem kind of forced now.  I know I'm not the first to have said that.

I loved Colin Ferguson in SyFy's Eureka.  He was delightfully wise yet klutzy as the sheriff.  He ended up with the beautiful scientist and they had plenty of attraction between them.  It was very clear.  Maybe we need some former SyFy writers going to Hallmark.  Although Hallmark would probably stifle them.   It's true he's not as classically handsome as Dylan Neal, but he's got a lot of character, humanity, and charm.  Even when he was in those silly Lake Placid movies.

You're right about Paul's choice to leave.  It's hard to fathom that he decided to leave town but didn't even ask Olivia the "question" until after he'd decided to leave.    

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  Thanks for posting your thoughts, Homegirl, which I enjoyed reading.

I think Paul is very likeable - and warm.  I haven't seen Colin in anything else other than as the Maytag Repairman (who, being much cuter, shouldn't be the "lonely Maytag repairman" like Jesse White was for years).

As for being Pearlee, I much, much, much prefer that and have been working with Beth at QVC to fix it - so far no luck.

Honored Contributor

Weird not to have watched Cedar Cove tonight. 

On the other hand, last night HBO showed Four Weddings and a Funeral whcih I watched because I love that film, esp. Hugh G.'s performance.  And yes, as I do each time I watch that, I thought Andie McDowell can't act and wish they would have cast osmeone else because the rest of the cast was so good.