Valued Contributor

I thought the whole "Warriors in Pink" segment was pretty pathetic.  It seemed very forced the way the characters just started doing a commercial all of a sudden.  The dialogue was very unnatural.  I have missed the last few episodes, so if they have been doing this for a while, I was unaware. 

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not against Ford's promotion, or anything anyone does for the cause.  But they do have a LOT of commercials throughout the show to get their message across.  To have the characters then act out a blatant commercial was just overkill.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Trusted Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I thought the whole "Warriors in Pink" segment was pretty pathetic.  It seemed very forced the way the characters just started doing a commercial all of a sudden.  The dialogue was very unnatural.  I have missed the last few episodes, so if they have been doing this for a while, I was unaware. 

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not against Ford's promotion, or anything anyone does for the cause.  But they do have a LOT of commercials throughout the show to get their message across.  To have the characters then act out a blatant commercial was just overkill.

It reminded me of footage I've seen of the old 1950's soaps.  The show is about 50% commercials anyway, and now the whole show has become a commercial.  Cheesey!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

Last night was the first time they brought it into the show itself, but the commercials have been running for awhile.  On the previous show, you couldn't miss the Hamilton Beach appliance on the table during Grace's shower so product placement may be something they'll use more in the future.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

Re: Cedar Cove tonight

[ Edited ]

The actors couldn't have been too happy about that segment of the show either.  I just saw Andie McD. in Four Weddings and a Funeral on cable again this past week, and when she started doing that "commercial" within the show, I couldn't help but think she wasn't too happy about it.  And the actors wearing that breast cancer clothing in the middle of the show was just bizarre.  And the scene was much like that town picnic Grace organized just a few weeks back.  That show sunk very, very low indeed pulling that Ford "informercial" as people here are referring to it.  Very low.

And I feel taken advantage of.  As I stated in my first post about this, that's not what I tuned in to the show for.

Honored Contributor

Wow! I missed last night's show and was going to watch on my computer today but maybe I will just not bother,.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Wow! I missed last night's show and was going to watch on my computer today but maybe I will just not bother,.

Oh, go ahead. You have to see what we are complaining about!

And Paul is saying he's leaving....

By the way, the storyline at the newspaper is ridiculous.

A young person never starts out as #2 in charge.... Not believeable.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Oh, go ahead. You have to see what we are complaining about!

And Paul is saying he's leaving....

By the way, the storyline at the newspaper is ridiculous.

A young person never starts out as #2 in charge.... Not believeable.

The newspaper thing is pure plot device, but they sunk to a new low with the nephew going in and making demands.  He was so egotistical, and if he has these job offfers, take one for pity's sake.  Jack has already had the boss start in with the micromanaging, and now he's doing it again.  If the uncle is going to let his nephew run things, and possibly cost him a fortune in the process, why is Jack needed?  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

If it wasn't for the "commercials" within the show, there wouldn't have to be two parts.

I've been thinking about this, though.  Ford has been doing a lot of commercial breaks for the show.  And, don't most of us DVR and go past the commercials?  I wonder if Ford realized that, and is forcing us to watch their spiel?  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I really enjoy the show, but..... I can't stand Andi McDowell as an actress.  She's always pouty looking and seems ready to cry.  She, and Justine both drive me nuts.  Grace, while adorable, is another one. I'm tired of it all being about her.  The only female character I can really tolerate is Peggy.

Honored Contributor

I just saw Teryl Rothery, aka Grace, in a small part as a medical examiner on a Supernatural episode from 2007.  She was on just in the beginning, but didn't return for the remainder of the episode.  She had a cute flip hairstyle.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.