Honored Contributor

People thought fox hunting would never be banned in England - but they were wrong and I'm glad to say I saw it banned in my lifetime.

I see no difference in this issue of "trophy hunting".  As we become (hopefully) a more enlightened society, we can and will effect change.

And I personally don't want to see this issue die down or be swept under the carpet again.

I do agree with the poster who suggested that everyone who signed a petition, also donate to these conservation organizations.  It's a very real problem that third-world nations rely on the money from "trophy hunting" for their livelihood.  We need to supply them with the means of a better way of life.  After all, when these beautiful creatures have been hunted to extinction, what will the people do then to survive?

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

He was speaking in broad, worldwide, terms.

The 'greatest of a nation" I was referring to was the United States...and all its Meat Candy glory.  

Which is why your comment made no sense in response to my post...

(And the term is "the greatness of a nation".)

Oops....typo/autocorrect. 

I still stand behind my comments.   The "greatness of our nation" hinges on the popularity of Meat Candy....ie we don't respect the animal. 

I've never once heard this term until I read it in your post.  What commercials (or programs) have you listened to, where you heard this?  Just curious.

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I don't understand this?   With all the things going on that are really important, Cecil tops the list? Really?

I'm not seeing Cecil stories around as much now as I did last week. News agencies have short attention spans. Have you tried changing the channel or looking for different sources of news or information? If it's on social media, try logging off for a bit or following different people. I saw a lot about Cecil, but a lot more about Sandra Bland, Samuel DeBose, Planned Parenthood, the upcoming Presidential nominee debates, and more.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

The 'greatest of a nation" I was referring to was the United States...and all its Meat Candy glory.  

I still stand behind my comments.   The "greatness of our nation" hinges on the popularity of Meat Candy....ie we don't respect the animal. 

You're right about that.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I've never once heard this term until I read it in your post.  What commercials (or programs) have you listened to, where you heard this?  Just curious.

I didn't know what it was either.  Had to google it.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I've never heard the term before either.  

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

bandwagon

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

Why do so many people think that because you care for animals you don't care for people?  I like the way you stated it.  So many think we can do wharever we want to the earth and it's creatures and not suffer the consequences. Other life has just as much right to exist as we do.  I am very pleased to see the reaction to this, it demonstrates humans have developed compassion and concern.  African wildlife among others has dropped dramatically in just a few decades. There is the balance of nature and we are all part ot that.

Respected Contributor

@debc wrote:

bandwagon

Really? I guess that is all you can contribute to this.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I don't understand this?   With all the things going on that are really important, Cecil tops the list? Really?

It's not really dominating the news any more.  I highly doubt we will be shipping the dentist over there so it appears to be winding down.........