Honored Contributor

I'm an idiot.  It was very icy this AM, and I wanted something out of the garage. I have boots with the ice grippers attached, but thought going out in my slippers would be quicker. Idiot, right ?  Well of course I fell, and I had a difficult time getting up because, well it was icy. No one else was around, but I finally managed to crawl to the back door where I could grab on to something to get up. At my age I should know better, I'm fine , but I just wanted to say be careful and don't be an idiot like the Kitty. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Hope you feel better.  I attempted to go out but got so scared to go down the front steps, which I attempted three different times, but changed my mind.  That's how afraid I am of falling.  Be safe all.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have grippers too........but won't even attempt to go out to the box to get Sunday newspaper.  No paper worth landing on my butt.........or breaking a bone.  

Expect tomorrow driveway will be in better shape

And..............not in my slippers   LOL

Honored Contributor

I too wanted to go out today and thought it would be OK but--colder and windier than I thought (I'm in Chicago) and the sidewalks have not been entirely cleared from the inch or 2 of snow.  Made it about 50 yards and came back.  Not chancing any sort of fall.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Sorry to read this. Hope nothing turns up the next few days. Not worth taking any chances when it comes to ice. Saving time for me seems to often end up taking me more time for similar type reasons.

I am leaving to go ice skating in about half hour, but I will have on skates made for moving on ice. Still may fall, but that comes with my love of skating.

Hope nothing turns up later for you,

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Sorry to read this. Hope nothing turns up the next few days. Not worth taking any chances when it comes to ice. Saving time for me seems to often end up taking me more time for similar type reasons.

I am leaving to go ice skating in about half hour, but I will have on skates made for moving on ice. Still may fall, but that comes with my love of skating.

Hope nothing turns up later for you,

hckynut 🏒

@hckynutjohn , Thanks, I took a couple of Tylenol and so far so good. Happy skating !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: Cautionary Tale

[ Edited ]

The freezing rain started here later then anticipated, so I was able to go out and get my paper. I never went out again until about 1:30 p.m. I threw salt from the garage onto the driveway then did my sidewalk. I don't want to fall at my age. I have enough problems. Hope you didn't hurt anything you're not aware of yet. Take care.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes living in the SUNBELT is a good thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I drive down in the van and get mine LOL (long driveway)

Tx gets snow and ice sometimes

Honored Contributor

So glad you are OK, @QVCkitty1 .   That ice was crazy!  Our son usually heads to church early, as he volunteers as their tech guy who handles the video part of the service.  He was surprised to get an early call from the pastor--  church was cancelled due to the parking lot being so treacherously slippery.  And, church almost NEVER gets cancelled.  It was a wise move today.