Honored Contributor

Pretty birds, i saw a male feeding his mate, just so very sweet.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  I've seen that, too! And yes, so sweet & tender!

Not cardinals, but this one robin we have comes to visit. It sure looks that way. When he sees me sitting out on the porch swing, he'll make an appearance, coming very close. I say hi and sweet talk him a little bit, and then off he goes.

This has been going on all season long.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

What is the fascination with this phenomenon???   It's just another bird.  People think cuz they see one it's them that they came to visit.  Then they have to associate with a person who passed.  I don't think a bird purposely visits anyone. 

@rms1954    Why on earth would you care???  Especially if you believe the way you do. 

I don't even get this post other than to ridicule and dismiss the beliefs of someone else.

Esteemed Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

What is the fascination with this phenomenon???   It's just another bird.  People think cuz they see one it's them that they came to visit.  Then they have to associate with a person who passed.  I don't think a bird purposely visits aut nyone. 

Cardinals bring me comfort and when I see one I always say hello to my late husband. You can think what you want and that is fine but why rain on other people's parades.  Why do that to people who are grieving.  WHY????  

@Miss Pepsi   Cardinals bring me comfort, too.  I do the same thing with a pair that visit my back porch and feeder.  Reminds me of my parents.

Regular Contributor

There are many who believe in signs and symbols, and interpret them as a visit from a deseased loved one. Certain birds, butterfies, found pennies or anything else that holds memories of the departed loved one.

I think all the judgemental posters who seem to be ridiculing a belief that may bring comfort to others is mean-spirited and judgemental. You all have your own beliefs, whether they be part of an organized religion or not. Some feel that what you have been taught is nonsense - and that the holy books of the religions are fiction. There are differences throughout. Your personal belief system is no better than any other. Just different, and it's time that society stops trying to force one point of view on everybody.

As for the hosts using the cardinal visitor thing - they are SALES PEOPLE. They will say whatever it takes to manipulate customers to buy merchandise. 

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

What is the fascination with this phenomenon???   It's just another bird.  People think cuz they see one it's them that they came to visit.  Then they have to associate with a person who passed.  I don't think a bird purposely visits aut nyone. 

Cardinals bring me comfort and when I see one I always say hello to my late husband. You can think what you want and that is fine but why rain on other people's parades.  Why do that to people who are grieving.  WHY????  

@Miss Pepsi They bring me comfort as well.  I also say hello to my late husband and mother when I see them.  I don't know why people have to be mean about what gives others comfort.  Last Christmas I was at my uncles house and he was saying how much he missed his sisters (my mom & aunt) and within 5 seconds there were two cardinals outside the sliding doors.  I said to him they are here Uncle Bob. Seeing those two cardinals brought us joy & comfort. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why make what other people believe your business? Especially something harmless and sweet as this. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@goldensrbest  I've seen that, too! And yes, so sweet & tender!

Not cardinals, but this one robin we have comes to visit. It sure looks that way. When he sees me sitting out on the porch swing, he'll make an appearance, coming very close. I say hi and sweet talk him a little bit, and then off he goes.

This has been going on all season long.

@Harpa , maybe she's hoping you'll  get out in the yard and stir up some worms.  I always have a robin or 2 stalking me when I'm doing yard work.  They get really close too especially when I'm on my hands and knees weeding.

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

What is the fascination with this phenomenon???   It's just another bird.  People think cuz they see one it's them that they came to visit.  Then they have to associate with a person who passed.  I don't think a bird purposely visits anyone. 

@rms1954    Why on earth would you care???  Especially if you believe the way you do. 

I don't even get this post other than to ridicule and dismiss the beliefs of someone else.

I was not ridiculing or dismissing the beliefs of others.  Just stating my thoughts .... Posting is a form of discussion or thoughts on something, which is what I did.  

Trusted Contributor

The week after my DH passed I was sitting at my kitchen counter, about 5' from the open patio screen door.  There was a chair right next to the screen and a sparrow decided to land there.  And then, looking right at me, he started to sing.  and sing.  and sing, on and on and on.  Now I hadn't been able to cry since DH passed but that did it.  Cried.  and cried.  and cried, letting all that pent up emotion free.  

Now, was this little guy sent by my DH.  Probably (or possibly or definitely) not, but it sure was a comfort at that time.