Esteemed Contributor

This is what happened when my sister who lost her daughter to cancer, was missing her so much, and prayed for a sign that she is ok, she asked for a cardinal for a sign.  That afternoon, in November, a cardinal came close to her kitchen window and looked right at her, she got the goosebumps! That was a comfort to her. 

Honored Contributor

I love birds and Cardinals are my favorite.......my mother also loved Cardinals so when I see one, it reminds me of my mom just because they were her favorite bird...

Anything that brings comfort to someone is a blessing

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I love birds and Cardinals are my favorite.......my mother also loved Cardinals so when I see one, it reminds me of my mom just because they were her favorite bird...

Anything that brings comfort to someone is a blessing

Same here, Spurt: I love Cardinalls, and I've always believed someone loved is near when I see one. I don't see very many, so it's a happy time when I do. I'm a bird lover anyway. Especially cockatiels. 

Honored Contributor

People can believe in whatever they want to believe that brings them some comfort. It's a harsh world that can be very judgemental about grief and loss and so many surrounding issues.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

My mother loved cardinals. She had some beautiful pillows with cardinals on them.  I always think of her when I see a cardinal visit my yard . Why is that a big deal and why would anyone belittle the idea if lit brings comfort to someone if they think it is a visit from a deceased relative? I have never thought of cardinals representing that, but cardinals and other things make me think of my mother if it is something she was especially fond of.