Respected Contributor

@drizzellla   Oh I know Carmarthenshire - the castle and the Bay - we are from the Rhonda Valley, village called Cwm (pronounced Koom) - was evacuated when very young to my Dad’s village of Cwm during the war and spent next 10 years of my life there - Dad in Army, Mum working in ammunition’s factory in London.  

Loved the mountains, rivers, rugby, love Wales.  Still have lots of relatives there.  Moved back to London with parents then - my Irish Mum did not like Wales but my sister and I  very Welsh!  Still have my girlfriends there who I started school with.

Yes have watched movie you mention also Tom Jones grew up in me valley to us but never knew him!

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Wow, that is an absolutely amazing sled and kudos to all of the dedicated work that went into it!...I can't believe that it is all cardboard and appears quite sturdy for the ride!...I would love to see a picture of the sled that won first place!

I tried to find the first place winner but could not find a picture. I found a YouTube video with a very brief shot of it but not able to copy. It was Wheel of Fortune theme. And third place was the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile sled.

Honored Contributor

We never used cardboard sleds for snow but we did use them on high grassy hills.

This sled is really quite something considering the size and number of people on it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh