Honored Contributor

Anyone watching April the giraffe?

I’ve been a faithful follower since her last pregnancy two years ago. She’s a special giraffe. 

She’s pregnant again and appears to be really close to delivering. Anyone watching the live cam?

For anyone who wants to watch, go to You tube.  Then search animal adventure park and then you’ll see the choice for the April live cam. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watching April the giraffe?

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh 

Thanks for the heads up that April is pregnant again!Heart

I was also a faithful follower of her last pregnancy/birth cam and will sure be watching again!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I don't do any of the social media sites as we were wisely advised years ago that sooner or later they would become a problem. We both agreed.

So I won't be watching April.  However, some years ago we were at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans when the giraffe (can't recall her name) literally "dropped" her new baby.  It was amaziing to see this new life literally fall to the ground - at least four feet down.

The baby got to its feet a few minutes later and began to nurse. An amazing spectacle to witness.  We felt very lucky to have been there at the right time.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh @Perkup @KingstonsMom 

I did with you all last time and will try this time.

We are expecting company (the grands) at the end of the week and I need to get stuff ready!

please notice I changed my nic...

just because I was ready for a change!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

I'm so looking forward to all of our fun chats we had while everyone was watching April's last pregancy and birth!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh,

I have been watching April for about two years now and am anxiously waiting for a healthy calf birth!

So glad Taj was able to stay and has a companion!

Thanks for posting,

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0a/2e/d8/0a2ed89840e34444c7c7f4210c13cec2.jpg

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

@gidgetgh,

I have been watching April for about two years now and am anxiously waiting for a healthy calf birth!

So glad Taj was able to stay and has a companion!

Thanks for posting,

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0a/2e/d8/0a2ed89840e34444c7c7f4210c13cec2.jpg

@meallen616 - Taj acts nervous around his new girlfriend.  It's cute to watch.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Kinda like a teenage boy with his first prom date, huh?!

LOL!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh,

I still think Taj misses April and even Oliver. I'm not so sure I agree with Jordan that he doesn't. I think that is why we were off cam for so long after they moved Taj. I enjoy watching when I can Taj and his companion. Hoping April gives birth to a healthy calf soon! Wish I could visit them all  someday!

Contributor

I'm watching! I watched the first pregnancy with Tajiri, watched ever since because the camera didn't get taken down except for here and there. Tajiri's lady friend was a total shock when his cam started! I live in western part of Massachusetts so was able to visit the park when Taj was big enough to be in the yard but not old enough to be fed carrots.