Valued Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Get your car out of that place, and take it to your dealer, or a dealer that sells the same brand. I'd also contact your state's Attorney General's office and ask them to look into this so-called repair shop. Enough of the calling them every week - go get your car - do not leave it there any longer no matter what they want to charge you! You can use that as leverage later. The suggestion to call the consumer advocate at one of your local TV stations is also a good idea.

@Jannabelle it is at the only local dealership. It's a model that can't be fixed anywhere but at an authorized shop.

Valued Contributor

Thank you everyone for the great responses. I need to clarify that this car is a model that had to be worked on at the dealership because there were not many made and the problem was with the roof closing. Our local repair shop could not help. I am going to contact a news station consumer advocate this morning. My issue is not only with the amount of time they have had the car, but with the lack of communication (none). I will post an update soon I hope. Thanks again so much!

Honored Contributor

if its a "model car" then that explains why they may have difficulty getting the parts. i dont think there is a lot you can do other than wait for the part to come in and you DONT have to leave it there. go there this morning and pick it up. they can call you when it arrives. other than that, find and call the next closest dealer that can help you with the repair and see what they have to say about a repair timeline.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Car Repair Problem

[ Edited ]

@staciesmom wrote:

Thank you everyone for the great responses. I need to clarify that this car is a model that had to be worked on at the dealership because there were not many made and the problem was with the roof closing. Our local repair shop could not help. I am going to contact a news station consumer advocate this morning. My issue is not only with the amount of time they have had the car, but with the lack of communication (none). I will post an update soon I hope. Thanks again so much!

SO you are not concerned about the length of time the repair is taking, just that they are not giving you updates when there is nothing to update you about,  Good Luck, would think that news stations would have more pressing consumer issues to address than them just not calling you when they have no further information about the part.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@staciesmom..................A very easy, simple solution.  Go get the car and take it to some other repair shop.

No need to contact an attorney and pay his/her fees too.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@staciesmom wrote:

SO you are not concerned about the length of time the repair is taking, just that they are not giving you updates when there is nothing to update you about,  Good Luck, would think that news stations would have more pressing consumer issues to address than them just not calling you when they have no further information about the part.

I am concerned about both the length of time it's taking and the total lack of communication (none) and the same excuse they've used. If a parts vendor sends the wrong part, the shop should call and demand the correct part be sent overnight delivery. I work at a manufacturing facilty and we do it always when wrong material is sent. I emailed a consumer advocate at a local news affiliate this morning. If I had a choice on where to have this care repaired, I would have picked it up and taken it elsewhere. The next closest dealership in 1 1/2 hours away. DH is coing to contact our attorney this morning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@staciesmom wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@staciesmom wrote:

I am concerned about both the length of time it's taking and the total lack of communication (none) and the same excuse they've used. If a parts vendor sends the wrong part, the shop should call and demand the correct part be sent overnight delivery. I work at a manufacturing facilty and we do it always when wrong material is sent. I emailed a consumer advocate at a local news affiliate this morning. If I had a choice on where to have this care repaired, I would have picked it up and taken it elsewhere. The next closest dealership in 1 1/2 hours away. DH is coing to contact our attorney this morning. 

You do have a choice on where to get it repaired.  If one place is not giving you the service you require, find another.  That simple.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Waiting since September 21 does seem like a long time.

But I must say, when I had my accident, I took the car back to the authorized Toyota dealer where I bought the car. The car was a Corolla and 3 years old. So it was a very common car and there should be no trouble getting parts.

I was told it would take a month to repair the car. They gave me a rental car. Well, it was two days away from the dealer having the car for a month and still not one word from them. I called the dealer. I did not know if I would still have the use of my rental car after one month. Also, I wanted to know the status of the repairs on my car. The damage wasn't complicated. I was hit on the right front. So I needed a new fender and bumper.

They said I could continue to use the rental car. Finally about 2 weeks later my car was repaired and I got it back.

So I waited a month and 2 weeks to get my car repaired. My car was very common and parts could not be a problem to obtain. And the repair was not complicated. And if I hadn't called them, I am not sure how long they would have taken to repair my car.

Hope you get your car back soon.

Respected Contributor

Contact the corporate office for the manufacturer of the vehicle.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

Contact the corporate office for the manufacturer of the vehicle.

Were I in the OP's situation, this is what I would do.  My brother is the service manager at a Mercedes dealership.  When he receives word from corporate that a customer is displeased, it gets attention in a hurry.  Corporate doesn't want unhappy customers, they want repeat buyers.