Honored Contributor

such a dear family ... John John and Caroline

[ Edited ]

Who would have thought less than a month later, their world, and ours, would come crashing down

This is a look back at  happier times

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6338631/John-F-Kennedys-kids-Caroline-John-Jr-Halloween-cos...

Honored Contributor

Re: such a dear family ... Jon Jon and Caroline

[ Edited ]

Sorry but my eye immediately went to the broomstick😊

Costumes sure were easy back then.  I was happy with a boxed costumed complete with a plastic mask or later I dressed as a hobo or gypsy.

Honored Contributor

I think they were so cute with their red boots

Honored Contributor

What a sad time it was when he was shot, and years later how sad john jr. and his wife,and her sister killed ,had hopes for him.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

One of Caroline's duaghters look a lot like Jackie..

Honored Contributor

We visted jackies family home,  years ago.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I read this in my travels ,and I can't swear it's true

Jackie hated her wedding gown.. She didn't pick it out. Joe Kennedy ,her would be  FIL did.

She said it looked like a lampshade. It really didn't look like anything she would ever pick for herself. I don't know how Joe got involved in the choosing of a dress, but, I think that was not nice. A bride should be able to choose her dress

Honored Contributor

snip

Reception

The dress was crafted in a very traditional design (particularly the skirt), per the wishes of the Kennedy family; it won worldwide acclaim. However, Jacqueline had wanted a simple dress, with firm lines, to complement her tall, slim figure.[7] She later told friends privately that she didn't like the dress' portrait neckline because, she felt, it emphasized her small bust.[5] She also said that, in her opinion, the skirt looked "like a lampshade."[8]

Honored Contributor

I haven't clicked onto the link. (I'll go directly to  Daily Mail UK .  Btw, always the best photos ever at that site.  No matter what the subject matter is, no matter what the event, good or bad, it's the best place for photos.)

'Anyway', each time I think about Jon Jon,  Caroline, and her sister, my heart is sad.   

I'll go over to Daily Mail and view the photos of happier times.

Thank you Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Great photos, the Kennedy's were a big deal in our very Roman Catholic family.When the president was assassinated it was like a death in the family. The accident with John, wife and SIL was indeed tragic and IMO could have been prevented if he were a more seasoned pilot.