Honored Contributor

My car ins was due last December.  The annual premium was 1¢ lower than the previous year! faint.gifA notice came w/the bill that due to COVID yada, yada, yada.....

Today, I got a thank you notice for payment & MAYBE I will get "rebates" again like last year.

Anybody else's premium stayed the same or lowered?

I am w/AAA

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 😯 Car Insurance 👍🏾

My insurance agent called today.  She wanted to know if we wanted to lower our deductible on the cars from $500 to $100.  We have four insured cars.  The cost for this change for each car is between $12 and $16 more a year.

Heck yes!  We have State Farm.

It sounded too good to be true, but I didn't argue with her.

Honored Contributor

Since we retired, our yearly mileage is substantially lower than State Farm's definition of low, so our yearly premiums are significantly lower.   

Respected Contributor

Our car insurance goes up every year

Respected Contributor

I recently used the zebra dot com and couldn't believe how much I was overpaying for car insurance!  They are highly rated and I appreciated the ease of using their website $$$$$

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappy wrote:

Our car insurance goes up every year

@ScrapHappy 

Have you found out why?  Our State Farm Auto has gone down from 2019. We have also gotten a rebate/refund from them twice now. Guessing because I was not driving 40 miles 3 times a week to the ice rink.

I was already considered a very low mileage driver and I called my agent and told him I was driving close to 500 miles less each month. Times 12 that adds up to 6,000 miles. Think my refund was $91 broken down to our semi-annual choice of payments, so about $46 each payment.

Never hurts to ask when any auto insurance goes up. Being Accident Free and no Citations since 1960, has been a plus for me during my now 65 years of driving.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We made changes...had four on the policy and down to two.  Plus the new car that I got in Sept. has a lot of newer safety features so I got a discount for that.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Yep, those safety features do make a difference. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I just left Progressive for Liberty Mutual. Had Progressive for ages but they became annoying.

Better coverage with LM at a lower rate. 

Your ins company will keep hiking your rates as long as you tolerate it.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with State Farm and my last premium invoice went down almost 20%.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.