Respected Contributor

Re: Captain Kirk Has Happy Landing

[ Edited ]

It just fascinates me how that booster plops right back down where it takes off . I wonder how bumpy that landing is in the desert?  Congrats to Mr. Shatner.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@SloopJohnB 

I think you said that intentionally, great play on words with a double meaning.

@Just Bling   To tell you the truth, I saw that word in lieu of landing at first glance when I read the title quickly.  😉

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I want to be him when I grow up. We should all be so blessed with his vitality and spirit.  

Glad all went well. Who knew all my Amazon purchases would make something this special happen. 

I want Sir Patrick Stewart and Kate Mulgrew up next if they're willing!  

Honored Contributor

Excellent actor in all roles.

Just lately watched him on a Columbo episode.  The one with his adopted daughter character, etc. 

Beautiful young actress at that time.  Don't know her name.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I love William Shatner too ever since I saw that first thru the last Star Trek episode! The trouble with Tribbles and all!

He is very brave but you should see everything he did in Better Late Than Never with him, Henry Winkler, George Foreman and Terry Bradshaw-a delightful short series that came out in 2016.

If you love Shatner you will love this series. It streams now for free on NBC.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I've met him several times and seen him speak at lectures, etc. A true Renaissance man.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I love William Shatner too ever since I saw that first thru the last Star Trek episode! The trouble with Tribbles and all!

He is very brave but you should see everything he did in Better Late Than Never with him, Henry Winkler, George Foreman and Terry Bradshaw-a delightful short series that came out in 2016.

I LOVE that show!  I have a feeling it won't be back, but I hope I'm wrong.

IIRC, there have been two seasons and I enjoyed watching every single episode so much.  It's just good fun!  

I've always been so thrilled about Henry Winkler, too.  He's just the sweetest guy and he did such an awesome job of playing The Fonz, who was TOTALLY different from him IRL.

George Foreman also seems like a sweet guy.  Terry is a bit of a dufus, but sweet on the bottom line.  Sometimes I would cringe at some of the stuff he would say/do in different scenarios, in other countries.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@on the bay  Oh then it might be on my Peacock app for free. I love that app!

Honored Contributor

I watched Star Trek for years and saw all of the movies.

Loved it.  Thanks, OP.