Super Contributor

The same thing happened to me the day Isaac had his t-shirts on as a TSV. I decided that I should change my order to a smaller size. I was told after trying to do it on line that it was already in the process. Well, they didn't ship until 3 days later!!! If it was really in the process of shipping it wouldn't have taken another 3 days to actually ship!

Trusted Contributor

Same thing has happened to me.  Tried to cancel...unable to.  I tried to call customer service.  They said they were unable to help.  And then the item sits "in processing" for days.  YES very frustrating.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I wasn't planning to order anything yesterday during the Gold Rush programs, but, naturally, I caved in and purchased the Imperial Gold mirror bar bracelet. A little pricey for my budget - what was I thinking! So, about 20 minutes after placing the order, I decided I really should cancel it. (buyer's remorse) To  my great surprise, I was told that the order was already being processed and could not be cancelled. There used to be a pretty good bit of time allowed to cancel - guess not anymore. Now I will have to go to the trouble and expense of returning it.  Woman Mad

@moon_gazer

It's probably time to change how you make purchasing decisions ......

First, jot down the order number on a little tablet and let it sit there.  Go do something else.   Wait at least 4 hours and then think about it.  Or put it on your wish list and do the same.  Go away from the computer.

Or give yourself permission to buy ONLY the things you cannot live without.  (Truth be told, I can live without most things.)

I can't tell you the number of "impulse items" that were jotted down, and I come across the item number the next day .... and I have NO IDEA what the item was!

BTW .....  last week I purchased a printer online with Best Buy, and 5 minutes later decided to cancel it .... I was going out and would be near a Best Buy store and wanted to see if they had it.   Well, 5 minutes after ordering that printer, Best Buy told me it was too late to cancel!

I guess a lot of retailers are tired of the cancellations screwing up inventory counts for people who come online later and want something.   The prompt says "sold out" then the cancellations are made and suddenly there could be hundreds of that same item available.  

So ....  don't click unless you are SURE you want the item.   Or just go to a  B&M store.