Honored Contributor

Why won't names highlight for me?

I use the @ sign and the letters don't turn blue.  I'm not sure it the person  you intend to contact, even gets notified. Am I doing something wrong?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why won't names highlight for me?

[ Edited ]

@cherry Mine don’t turn blue either but I’m pretty sure it’s working. Did you get my notification just now?

Oh wait, it did turn blue after I hit submit. I’m just on an iPad. Sorry, I guess I wasn’t much help here. 

Honored Contributor

Yes I did @GenXmuse  but your post shows my name in blue

Honored Contributor

I just got the notification that you answered me so it seems to be working. I just edited my above post. I never noticed mine turned blue after I hit post. 

Honored Contributor

@cherry-I can only think of 2 things.

Do you have suggestions turned on-on the bar up aboe to the right that says search froums and blogs?

If you don't turn it on.

Then are you waiting for names to drop down or just typing in the name?

I've only seen it work when I click on the name in the drop down (after you put in@)

I don't think this sounds very clear. 

Maybe others have better ideas.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

There have been issues with the notification system lately, and I have no idea what you mean by turning blue

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox  see message 6  .  My name is blue

Honored Contributor

wrote:

There have been issues with the notification system lately, and I have no idea what you mean by turning blue

@I am still oxox@.  Most posters when they use the @ and someone's Nic it turns a blue color. Mine don't and I thought it was because I have to change the font to a 3 Everytime I post. 

Honored Contributor

The names don’t turn blue until you post.  

Also, you have to use the default type and color to get them to turn blue.  Otherwise, they look like this, @cherry.   

And you also have to use the drop-down list.  Click on the name you want when it appears after the @ sign.  If you use this feature, the person you mentioned will be notified, whether their name is blue or not.

Sometimes if you put a punctuation mark right after the name, it won’t highlight in blue either.

Those are some of the things I’ve noticed.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

Mine do not either and I am not sure why people think such piddly things are meaningful?

wrote:

wrote:

@I am still oxox@.  Most posters when they use the @ and someone's Nic it turns a blue color. Mine don't and I thought it was because I have to change the font to a 3 Everytime I post. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.