Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Can someone please explain the difference?

@butterfly123 wrote:

Thanks @Maudelynn

I stand corrected

Have a great nightđź’š

Hi butterfly,

This is my opinion only.  Nothing correct or incorrect,  You have a great night too!

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Honored Contributor

Most of those posting in Among Friends are Hallmark enthusiasts.  They want supported, their hand held, and enjoy uplifting human interest threads. They say ahh a lot. Occasionally, an intriging thread will get misguided and find itself there so stopping by from time to time can be rewarding.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Most of those posting in Among Friends are Hallmark enthusiasts.  They want supported, their hand held, and enjoy uplifting human interest threads. They say ahh a lot. Occasionally, an intriging thread will get misguided and find itself there so stopping by from time to time can be rewarding.

@occasionalrain....very well stated. I think you hit the nail on the head. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Between this "Community Chat"  forum and the "Among Friends" forum? Seems to me they could be one and the same.

Nope. This forum is not even close to the AF forum.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I think this forum has more authenticiy than Among Friends. People speak their mind freely and don't drench their words in syrup. I think we get to see a lot more conversations here where people show you who they are. Over in Among Friends, there are a lot more passive agressive posts. Here posters tell it like it is..... no holds barred.

Honored Contributor

I don't for a minute think we are seeing people no holds barred. I don't even say 20% of what I really would just in the interests of not getting my post deleted or because it's just not worth it in the long run. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I don't for a minute think we are seeing people no holds barred. I don't even say 20% of what I really would just in the interests of not getting my post deleted or because it's just not worth it in the long run. 

I think what I should have said was that the cumulative posts of any given poster here eventually show who they are. Everyone has a day when they may need to vent a little.....but over the course of a few months, we usually get a small window as to what the content of their posts will usually be.

Honored Contributor

Don't over think it. Just post to whatever board you want to post to. 

Frequent Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I agree.

Honored Contributor

@Marcail0825 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I agree.

Sorry, but I don't agree.

No matter what is written in any rules or guidelines about forums (here or elsewhere) the people that actually do the posting end up defining what actually is discussed, the general array of topics and the tone of the forum.

In essence, the Community Chat forum is indeed more about current events and opinions are expressed in a more blunt fashion and the topics can get controversial. Not that some nice topics don't show up here, but even then, the responses can be more contentious. People who have used these forums realize that if you post in Community Chat, expect to get opinions and input that may differ greatly from the original spirit of your post. Expect to be called out, and challenged. Expect that this is the place where the 'meanest' of posters will let their true colors be seen.

In Among Friends, the tone is most generally kinder, and more supportive, and the topics less controversial. Most posters who have been here awhile will be kinder here, or avoid posting in the same manner they would in CC. Many long time posters purposely stay away from Among Friends when discussing contentious issues, and are aware of the desire for people to be more civil when posting there. I guess I have detected a kind of unwritten rule that certain forums here have different expectations of behavior when participating on them.

Also, if looking for a lot of responses and input, Community Chat has much more participation and many more new posts to view and participate in.