Honored Contributor

Can someone please explain the difference?

Between this "Community Chat"  forum and the "Among Friends" forum? Seems to me they could be one and the same.

Honored Contributor

Re: Can someone please explain the difference?

Super Contributor

A guess: not much if any difference, but I would put personal stories on Among Friends and current events comments on Community Chat. The more the better, I say. 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Everything you ever want to know is right here:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Community-Chat-or-Among-Friends/m-p/2802022#M860383http:/...

@Noel7,

Gosh, I had no idea it could be so complicated!Smiley SurprisedWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Among Friends is a place for more personal posts and Community is more a place for current events, news clips, more general discussions.  LM

Valued Contributor

My take:

The difference is, in Among Friends you can talk about religion, as long as you agree with the religious tenets being discussed.

Many of the posts in Among Friends actually could be in the CC and many threads in CC could be in AF (,for example, the doobdoo shoutout).

If people talked religion in Community Chat, many would pipe in to disagree or question. So the religious discussion stay in AF and there's an unwritten rule that those discussions remain unmolested by others who may not see things the same.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Honored Contributor

Do you just want to have a debate over something? Post it in Community Chat. Is it a current event or gossip topic? Community Chat.

If you want to have a personal discussion where people are more likely to be nice? Post on Among Friends. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm finding it interesting in how each person interprets the forums' contents and where certain posts should be placed.  Seems there are many unwriten rules. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is my firmly held belief that in Among Friends you won't find a lot of the baiting threads that are made by people who also belong to other boards that are supposedly better than this one.   The moderation will not allow those folks to disrupt like they are allowed to do in Community Chat and you notice that they do stay away.  Too bad a double standard exists!  When boredom hits the  "better" boards we see a different tone.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Maudelynn

I stand corrected

Have a great night💚