Honored Contributor

Re: Call blocker- recent TSV

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

@chickenbutt I went through settings multiple times to no avail. I'm pretty good with electronics too. I might have the manual somewhere, but I doubt it.

Ok, going to my phonne - I don't know how similar yours is.  I have one of the Panasonic models that has a block button so they're probably all pretty similar.

If I go through 'settings' I get a 'Call Block' and if I select into that and then 'select' on 'block a single number' it tells me that I have 196 numbers blocked.  Then I can hit the up or down button that will show numbers on the list and a choice to 'erase'.

HTH a little bit!  Smiley Happy

PS:  It took me a while to get there.    I'm such an idiot now.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbuttwrote:

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

I ordered it, it's supposed to arrive Thursday. I'm over the 250 limit on my Panasonic phone. A couple of weeks ago I deleted some blocked numbers to free up some space. Tried to do it again yesterday and I forgot how to do it.😦

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger!  Every time I go to delete some older stuff, to make more room, I forget how and have to just keep going through settings until I find it again.  D'oh!  

it's not intuitive 

I keep the manual handy

but thanks to NoMorerobo I don't need to figure it out any more 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbuttwrote:

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

@chickenbutt I went through settings multiple times to no avail. I'm pretty good with electronics too. I might have the manual somewhere, but I doubt it.

Ok, going to my phonne - I don't know how similar yours is.  I have one of the Panasonic models that has a block button so they're probably all pretty similar.

If I go through 'settings' I get a 'Call Block' and if I select into that and then 'select' on 'block a single number' it tells me that I have 196 numbers blocked.  Then I can hit the up or down button that will show numbers on the list and a choice to 'erase'.

HTH a little bit!  Smiley Happy

PS:  It took me a while to get there.    I'm such an idiot now.  

try

menu

then scroll up down 

Honored Contributor

I also use NoMoRobo but, unfortunately it doesn't catch everything.  Smiley Sad  I hate that but some of these thieves will put a name with the fake # on the CID so that it looks legit and NMR doesn't catch it.

I get 2-3 calls a day often still.  Some days zero to one.  But since I pay for having a phone I really think we should have an 'opt out' choice and they shouldn't be able to use false numbers to try and fool people.

One of the problems is also that there will always be some people who answer these calls.  The more they get through, the more the chance of taking people for their money AND it gives them more legit numbers to sell to other thieves.   If nobody answered them, maybe it wouldn't be so lucrative but you can't convince people of that no matter how many times you tell them to STOP answering.  oh well. hehe

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebearwrote:

try

menu

then scroll up down 

Tried it on mine and it doesn't work but maybe it will work for her!  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

NEVER MIND!  I'm an idiot and didn't hit 'menu' first.  See - I'm getting so bad that I'm not even smarter than the phone.   heh

Honored Contributor

We can always expect one at 5PM. Then we push the button.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Glad it works.   It looks easy too 

If I had a landline, I would get it 

Honored Contributor

as many as times I've preached on these gadgets if nobody has bought one your bad. LOL

I read people whining all the time in here and i get on my soap box and preach especially when they're on discounted price and free shp. if people don't get the hint by now..........................

all I can do.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbuttwrote:

I also use NoMoRobo but, unfortunately it doesn't catch everything.  Smiley Sad  I hate that but some of these thieves will put a name with the fake # on the CID so that it looks legit and NMR doesn't catch it.

I get 2-3 calls a day often still.  Some days zero to one.  But since I pay for having a phone I really think we should have an 'opt out' choice and they shouldn't be able to use false numbers to try and fool people.

One of the problems is also that there will always be some people who answer these calls.  The more they get through, the more the chance of taking people for their money AND it gives them more legit numbers to sell to other thieves.   If nobody answered them, maybe it wouldn't be so lucrative but you can't convince people of that no matter how many times you tell them to STOP answering.  oh well. hehe

happening here,  they keep saying how they answer the calls, then complain about how there are so many

I get very few in part I think b/c I never have picked up the phone since I got CID

Honored Contributor

@jackthebearwrote:

happening here,  they keep saying how they answer the calls, then complain about how there are so many

I get very few in part I think b/c I never have picked up the phone since I got CID

Right?   It boggles the mind.    The fact that one is legitimizing their number so that it's saleable by these people to more just like them is pretty much rudimentary and has been explained over and over.

These folks complain about getting 20, 30, 50 - etc, calls a day.  those of us who never answer them - I don't know about everybody for sure, but on a bad day I might get 4 calls and that's using nomorobo.   I hit 'block' on my phones for every single one.

I did one time block a lady from my dentist's office but I guess she took her work home and was calling the people who had Monday appointments on Sunday.  oops!  She was cool about it and everything was fine.  Smiley Happy