Honored Contributor

I ordered the Call Blocker thingy and it arrived yesterday. We’re still a landline family and we get 52 gazillion calls every day from “out of area”, “private caller”, etc. 

It took me about 30 seconds to set it up.  I was practically willing the phone to ring, LOL. Finally, an hour later, we got our first call. I got great pleasure in pushing the “block caller” button. 

We just got our second call a few minutes ago.  Most of our spam calls come in late afternoon. 

So far so good.  I know that a lot of these callers rotate phone numbers but if this cuts down even some of them, I’ll be happy. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Call blocker- recent TSV

I hope it works for you.  They really do use a different number every time they call, though.  I get them on my cell phone around the same time in the afternoon.  My cell starts like this:  (area code) 749- _ _ _ _.  I kept a log of the numbers they used for awhile, and they were like this:  749-3456, 749-7649, 749-4832, 749-2982, 749-5849........you get the picture.  I get the same routine on my land line and my work phone.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I'm still waiting for mine.  If I hear 1 more time about a stupid resort I will upchuck....I buy my phone for my convenience not for salespeople

Respected Contributor

@cherry  I get that resort call at work (others there get it too......we all have separate phone numbers).  I love that the girl in the recording sounds like a live person, but as soon as she congratulates me on getting a "resort reward" I quickly hang up the phone.  Since I haven't been to any resorts for many years, it would be hard for me to get a reward for that.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh, I expect mine today, so I am happy to hear that yours works well.  Our calls start as early as legal, generally stop mid-afternoon, and then resume during the dinner hours.  I am looking forward to using this.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh ~ Thanks for letting us know how you like it.  I may still pick one up (if it's still available).  We got a call the other night at 10:30!  I couldn't believe it!  Word is our Microsoft Office has been blocked and it's VERY important we call them back.  Yeah, like that's going to happen.

Honored Contributor

I’m so glad to hear that your call blocker works well and is easy to set up.  I ordered one also but haven’t gotten it yet.

I will really be glad to not have to deal with those irritating calls.  

👍

Honored Contributor

I ordered it, it's supposed to arrive Thursday. I'm over the 250 limit on my Panasonic phone. A couple of weeks ago I deleted some blocked numbers to free up some space. Tried to do it again yesterday and I forgot how to do it.😦

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21wrote:

I ordered it, it's supposed to arrive Thursday. I'm over the 250 limit on my Panasonic phone. A couple of weeks ago I deleted some blocked numbers to free up some space. Tried to do it again yesterday and I forgot how to do it.😦

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger!  Every time I go to delete some older stuff, to make more room, I forget how and have to just keep going through settings until I find it again.  D'oh!  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt I went through settings multiple times to no avail. I'm pretty good with electronics too. I might have the manual somewhere, but I doubt it.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"