Trusted Contributor

California Woman

[ Edited ]

USA Today has an article where a woman in California was in a yogurt shop line for check out. There was a baby in a stroller, the mother and the grandmother behind her. Words were exchanged because she felt they were not social distancing enough. She finally removed her mask, knelt down to the baby and coughed in the baby's face several times. They have a picture of her and the police are looking for her to charge her with assault. What type of person would intentionally try to hurt a baby?

Respected Contributor

What the h--- is wrong with people? I hope they find her and charge her with assault and she is given a stiff punishment. 

Respected Contributor

With every fiber of my being, I promise you - had that been MY baby - the piece of garbage that coughed on my liddle kiddle would be visited by her relatives in the morgue.

Respected Contributor

I hope this vile woman doesn't have children of her own.  If she has such poor impulse control, I suspect her own kids could fall victim, too, if they pushed her buttons.

I'd vote for her having to social distance in jail for two weeks, in quarantine. Then court mandated anger management classes on release.  Hope they find her.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: California Woman

[ Edited ]

A good GF, of mine just sent me this article, and I thought the same thing what the h*** is wrong with people.

I just can't with people nowadays. I just don't get them. Years, ago I had a co-worker and we would joke back and forth with each other about different things. Whenever, I was appalled with us humans, she would jokingly tell me that I needed to lower my expectations of mankind and I would stop being disappointed.

It's not a joke anymore.....

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

A good GF, of mine just sent me this article, and I thought the same thing what the h*** is wrong with people.

I just can't with people nowadays. I just don't get them. Years, ago I had a co-worker and we would joke back and forth with each other about different things. Whenever, I was appalled with us humans, she would jokingly tell me that I needed to lower my expectations of mankind and I would stop being disappointed.

It was one person. Not the whole country. Not the whole world. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know. It does feel to me that there is some unspoken message that has emboldened people to act out in ways I don't recall in the past, at least not on the level we're seeing.

I just read today that my county's wonderful director of health has been facing death threats for a couple months now from seriously out-there people. She's not resigning; she's in for the duration.

I preferred when the loons stayed in their mothers' basements or shouted on street corners.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

To take her anger out on an innocent child is beyond despicable!

Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe (whatever you want to call her) got away.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: California Woman

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

It was one person. Not the whole country. Not the whole world. 

@Lali1 

Obviously you are missing what's going on in our country and the world.