Honored Contributor

So glad to see some checking in and others sending support. We've had rain and fog and I so wish we could ""tell"" it to head your way. Be safe everyone!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Sending good thoughts to Gato and anyone else threatened by the fires. Hope they are able to contain them soon!!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

I know of some homeowners who are leaving their homes because they cannot breathe well. That's in the Carlsbad area in north San Diego County. There are fires all around them.

Super Contributor

I too am hoping that all stay safe where the fires are.

All of California is a tender box.

I fear that this is going to be a really bad fire season.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Super Contributor
On 5/15/2014 ------ said:

Currently evacuated. We need crossed fingers, positive thoughts and prayers.

I'm keeping positive thoughts for you and everyone within the fire zone. I was in the same position last year with our fires. Getting that mandatory evac call was like a nightmare. Hope you come out on the other side in good shape.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Super Contributor

I just hope that when told to evacuate, people actually do evacuate.

I can understand the fear of looters, or, not wanting to leave your animals behind. I would not want to leave my animals behind either. I guess it would be difficult to evacuate large animals such as horses and cattle, and other farm animals. But since I only have two cats, I would make sure that I would have their carriers ready to go at a moments notice.

It's stupid to stay, then to expect the brave firefighters to risk their lives to get you out, when you finally do decide to leave.

By then, it could be too late.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.