Honored Contributor

What's the last "ironic" thing that happened to you or someone you know?

Some of you know that I recently adopted two kitties (a two year old girl and a one year old boy). {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I had a boy kitty in childhood, and he was a whizzer, so he ended up being a mostly outdoor kitty. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I have only had girls since. I wanted a pair of sisters (littermates), but I couldn't find two girls from the same litter so I expanded my search. When I went looking at the kitties in person, a lovely, affectionate boy kitty chose me, and I brought him home. {#emotions_dlg.wub} A few weeks weeks after he and his "sister" were introduced and out and about in the house together, I caught my girl kitty whizzing on my wall to wall carpeting. {#emotions_dlg.angry} So my boy is the "purrfect" gentleman while my "lady" is guilty of unladylike behaviors. {#emotions_dlg.glare} BF reminds him all the time how Mama Cat had vetoed boy kitties, but he has become my kitty ambassador for all boys. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Super Contributor

Re: What's the last ""ironic"" thing that happened to you or someone you know?

Just wanted to say (for now, LOL) that just like with human beings, we should try to never categorize or give a label to any 'group', whether based on gender or whatever.

Each living being is a totally-unique individual.

Which is the lesson that your past and current kitties have taught you. ;-)

Valued Contributor

we had only "girl" dogs for years---when our old dog crossed over (many years ago) we wanted a new puppy--we looked at 2-3 litters of Goldens and the one who chose us was a fuzzy little boy ---what a sweetheart!! when he crossed over, we didn't hesitate--we adopted another fuzzy and a sister (aGolden from a different but both 8 weeks) a love affair with all our pets-----we didn't get males before because my SIL had a male who humped everything---legs, furniture babies. etc they can't be categorized at all
Super Contributor

Besides, once little gals and boys are neutered, it's like they're 'neutral'. Wink

Respected Contributor

There is much information online about cats marking their territory. I have had male and female cats and both do it. Also your kitty may be having a physical problem that you may want to talk to your vet about.

Contributor

I had an aunt who was always perfectly dressed & coiffed. She'd been a brunette, but had dyed her hair a beautiful shade of platinum blond her entire life.

Then, when she was in her seventies, she moved to a new state, and decided to finally give up dying her hair. She waited for the dreaded roots to show, and wondered what color her hair was going to be, since she hadn't seen it for over 50 years. Lo & behold, no roots ever came in. Her true hair was the exact shade of platinum that she'd been dying it! She's 90 now, and her hair is still beautiful, and she still rolls it up every single night.

She even wondered if 50 years of dying it had seeped in and colored it for good! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

On 5/15/2014 Jingles5 said:

I had an aunt who was always perfectly dressed & coiffed. She'd been a brunette, but had dyed her hair a beautiful shade of platinum blond her entire life.

Then, when she was in her seventies, she moved to a new state, and decided to finally give up dying her hair. She waited for the dreaded roots to show, and wondered what color her hair was going to be, since she hadn't seen it for over 50 years. Lo & behold, no roots ever came in. Her true hair was the exact shade of platinum that she'd been dying it! She's 90 now, and her hair is still beautiful, and she still rolls it up every single night.

She even wondered if 50 years of dying it had seeped in and colored it for good! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

That's cute. So maybe if I start intensely dying my hair the dark brown it used to be, maybe by the time I'm 90 it'll be that color again? (I should live so long)

That's a precious story & I'll bet she's gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

My doctor told me I needed more iron so I bought a Rowenta.

Valued Contributor

On 5/15/2014 Jingles5 said:

so cute!!
Valued Contributor

Speaking of hair... When I was in Jr high I wanted to bleach my bangs (it was the ""in thing to do then) Parents said no way so I took a small bottle of peroxide to school and put bleach on my bangs every so often finally they caught on and Mom said well if that is what you are going to do lets get it done correctly walla!!! I got to be a blond I was so happy (my natural hair color was a very light brown or dark blond .) Well I kept it that way for a few years and then I wanted to be a red head so I made it red kept it that way for several years and one day I decide to let it grow out guess what? my hair came in very dark brown and is to this day (I am 80 with maybe 3 or four not hardly noticeable greys hairs talk about ironic....