Honored Contributor

CO Husband/Father Sentenced, Evidence Revealed

Christopher Watts has been sentenced to life in prison for the murders of his pregnant wife and their two young daughters at an emotional hearing where he was torn apart by his in-laws and where his parents told him they had forgiven him. 

Watts, 33, appeared in court in Greeley, Colorado, on Monday morning to learn his fate. He accepted a plea deal earlier this month to avoid facing the death penalty. 

On Monday, he was sentenced to life without parole for the murders of his 34-year-old wife Shanann and their daughters Bella and Celeste, three and four. 

It was the first time prosecutors confirmed his motive: to begin a new life with his girlfriend who he had been seeing for months before he carried out the murders.

Watts killed his wife and children on August 13. Bella and Celeste were placed in crude oil tanks and Shanann, who was 15 weeks pregnant with a baby boy, was found in a shallow grave.   

Before a judge handed down his sentence on Monday, Watts listened to his father-in-law and brother-in-law deliver blistering statements about him. 

They dubbed him an 'evil monster' and asked why he 'slaughtered' his family who worshiped him.   

New details also emerged about how he killed his family. 

Shanann was strangled and the two girls were smothered. 

Watts killed them in their home then was filmed on neighbors' surveillance cameras 'carrying them out like trash' and loading them into his truck to be taken to the oil field where he worked and where he had offered to visit a day before killing them. 

He said nothing at the hearing but an attorney said for him: 'Mr Watts has asked us to share this morning that he is devastated by all of this and although he understands that words are hollow at this point, he is sincerely sorry for all of this.' 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: CO Husband/Father Sentenced, Evidence Revealed

I don't understand guys like him and Scott Peterson. They are such egomaniacs it has to affect the way they function.

Divorce is always an option. To take the lives of those you love - there has to be some kind of delusion or something. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hopefully, KARMA might call on him in prison.

Esteemed Contributor

The only thing he is sorry for is he got caught and is getting life without parole.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I don't understand guys like him and Scott Peterson. They are such egomaniacs it has to affect the way they function.

Divorce is always an option. To take the lives of those you love - there has to be some kind of delusion or something. 

@beach-mom

Narcissists believe they're smarter than everyone else and will get away with their crimes.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Hopefully, KARMA might call on him in prison.

I hope that Karma bides her time though so he has time to be afraid

Respected Contributor

i hope he is "popular" in prision. maybe the other prisoners

will want to show their love to him for his conduct.

Honored Contributor

I hope "karma" is a big, mean and ugly old guy.

Honored Contributor

Life without parole is not enough for this monster!

Esteemed Contributor

Too bad CO doesn't have the death penalty.

I'd throw the switch myself --- no charge.

Demon.