Honored Contributor

If you eat turkey on Thankgiving day....

[ Edited ]

What  kind of turkey do you cook?

With  just DH and I, we like the Costco Kirkland brand Turkey breast .  It is precooked...we just heat it up in the oven.  It has real good flavor and texture.    If my picky husband likes it, then it passes the mustard😉 .

Honored Contributor

Re: If you eat turkey on Thankgiving day....

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What  kind of turkey do you cook?

With  just DH and I, we like the Costco Kirkland brand Turkey breast .  It is precooked...we just heat it up in the oven.  It has real good flavor and texture and flavor.  If my picky husband likes it, then it passes the mustard😉 .

@SeaMaiden  DH gets the turkey, and every year, it seems to be a different brand, lol.  This year it is Zacky.  At one point, I specifically looked for organic, but it doesn't matter, as we eat it only once a year.  It's all in how it is cooked.

Honored Contributor

We are also heating up a Kirkland precooked turkey breast from Costco.  They are tasty, and give me more time to make my green bean casserole, stuffing, and gravy.

Honored Contributor

I typically buy a butterball.

Honored Contributor

Honeysuckle White 12.5 pounds, cooked in an open roaste, tented before it was finshed.  I rubbed it with butter, sprinkled on salt, pepper, italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and some lime juice.

I put celery and onions and lime slices inside.  Did not baste, didn't fool with it and it was excellent! 

It was the last 88 cent a pound brand name turkey in the bin Sunday at a local store. 

We got a Cure 88 ham last week and it was exceptionally good!  Best ham we've had in a long time!

Respected Contributor

I purchased a fresh turkey breast and roasted in our Breville Smart Oven.

Esteemed Contributor

We picked up a smoked turkey & turkey breast from Doc Watson's.  It was great! Making soup now.

Honored Contributor

7 lb Honeysuckle White turkey breast; cooked and ate our dinner yesterday, finished all leftovers today.   Soaking pinto beans to cook tomorrow.   

Honored Contributor

I love the brand our grocery carries.  No hormones.  I bought Butterball once and I had butter everywhere.  I didn't buy it again.

I do a 25 lb and a turkey breast in the crock pot because I send home a lot of leftovers with DS and his fam and my single first cousin.

Honored Contributor

http://hispanicprwire.com/wp-content/uploads/importacion/12/13163_logo_1.jpghttp://pastorbarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/butterball-turkey1.jpg