Regular Contributor

QVC please stop ordering the ****** from China.  Items are poorly painted, missing pieces, glittered to death and just plain broken.  Start giving a year warranty so we are not throwing our money in the garbage.  I'm sick of it.

Trusted Contributor

What items are you referring to? TIA

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

Sorry you are having issues.  It would help if you listed some items numbers, so other shoppers can take note.

Super Contributor

Even if the OP doesn't list item numbers, I'm willing to list some of the broken stuff I've had to send back this year to QVC.   

H199058  Mosaic Lamp by Valerie...had a large chip missing from top rim of lamp.

H204452 Temp-tations Merry and Bright Christmas Mugs...broken handle on one mug of the 2 pc. set. Handle broken in multiple pieces

A313870  Nutrisystem bars..arrived completely melted to the wrappers and in crazy shapes from not being contained inside boxes within shipping box.  Just individually wrapped and thrown loose into the shipping box...some had stuff oozed out of the wrappers.

The lamp was wrapped well.  I think it was chipped at factory and they wrapped it that way and shipped it anyway.  No loose chip in the box that came off the lamp.

Mugs were a problem for other buyers,too.  One lady said handle came off in her hand and she spilled coffee all over herself...Manufactured poorly.

Bars from Nutisystem were shipped poorly.  Should have been boxed per dozen within the shipping box to protect from heat and damage from slamming against each other.

Trusted Contributor

QVC is a retailer -- not a manufacturer.  As a consumer, you have the option to purchase here or not.

As long as people are purchasing these items, it would be silly for QVC not to sell them as QVC is in business to make money.

If you wish to purchase items from other places, there are a multitude of retailers available.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like your post.   I continue to read about unhappy shoppers here about QVC's - poor quality - cheap fabric - overpriced items and overpriced S/H.   And then they admit it wasn't made in the USA.  What do they expect?  

"T" dishes even looks and sounds cheap over the TV; but you can get them in 47 different colors.  I'm still using my Corningware from 40 years ago - no cracks - no breakage in the oven - no complaints!   And were made in the USA!

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I really like your post.   I continue to read about unhappy shoppers here about QVC's - poor quality - cheap fabric - overpriced items and overpriced S/H.   And then they admit it wasn't made in the USA.  What do they expect?  

"T" dishes even looks and sounds cheap over the TV; but you can get them in 47 different colors.  I'm still using my Corningware from 40 years ago - no cracks - no breakage in the oven - no complaints!   And were made in the USA!

I hear you, fthunt.  I was thinking the same thing about my Corningware covered dish as I was cleaning it last night.  I have had the set for about 40 years and it still looks new.  I would never buy Temptations, too many bad reviews.

Respected Contributor

I can add a few made in China do not buy items to the list.

T32904 fireworks

H204353 words to live by

H206316 luminaria globe

A226128 SG ruched shirt

All of these things arrived damaged/ not working/ sewn improperly

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

QVC is a retailer -- not a manufacturer.  As a consumer, you have the option to purchase here or not.

As long as people are purchasing these items, it would be silly for QVC not to sell them as QVC is in business to make money.

If you wish to purchase items from other places, there are a multitude of retailers available.

ITA.

But many people here would just rather complain and show their self-importance.

I have an uneasy feeling that some of those posts are even rooted in innate bigotry (conscious or not), which would be truly a shame.

Valued Contributor

If all of you with bad items send me the items and a small fee....I'll take them all back to China for you!  I'll even will try to negotiate more items for you!

Granted you'll be paying for my vacation, but I'll send postcards telling you the status.  With so many of you.....I might have to spend at least a month there...,you better send double the fee...my hubby wants to go along.