Super Contributor

I placed an order on line with Beall's and one item was sneakers.  They sent sneakers that looked new but they were worn.  One sneaker had mud on the bottom of it and you could see creases near the toe area...this was a surprise.  I also can't believe someone would return a dirty item and the store took it back!!

I took them back to the store and they were surprised too!  Since I can't get my size in the store I ordered another pair and hope they're not used too!

It seems there's no quality control anymore.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I am surprised, I order from Bealls frequently and have never had a problem.

Super Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I am surprised, I order from Bealls frequently and have never had a problem.

I know, they're usually very good.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

You know Beall's site was hacked, don't you?   I received an email stating all my information "except financial" was compromised ... "name, address, shipping address, phone number and email address, item and order numbers"  ... that the situation had been corrected. 

I won't order online from them again.

Honored Contributor

I can top that somebody charged their Time Warner cable bill payment to my Dillards card held by American Express ! I had to call Dillards and tell them wasn't my bill and the Fraud Division killed that card and has to reissue a new one now.   Hopefully, won't hurt my credit rating.

Super Contributor

@SoX wrote:

You know Beall's site was hacked, don't you?   I received an email stating all my information "except financial" was compromised ... "name, address, shipping address, phone number and email address, item and order numbers"  ... that the situation had been corrected. 

Last week was the first time I ordered with them on line.  I didn't realize their site was hacked.  I usually just go to the store.

Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I've only ever ordered from them once and got the same email about the hacking that you did. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Yikes, when did this hack happen?  I have only ordered from Bealls once, and that was back in June/July, and had a very nice experience with them, it was some Easy Spirit shoes I wanted really bad, and they were the only place I found had them in my size and they were on sale!

Honored Contributor

At one time 6PM did not accept returns.  I ordered a pair of shoes and when I opened the box, it was a pair of battered, old shoes.  When I called CS they said that could not have happened, and how did they know I was not trying to get a free pair of shoes by returning my old shoes.

Eventually a supervisor gave in, but only after I threatened to tell my story here.

Oops, I'm telling it. 

It was years before I ordered from them again. They now accept returns.