Honored Contributor
@silkyk
The video is great!
Costumes and dancing full production!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: CANCELLED WEDDING

[ Edited ]

Better for her to be disappointed now than to marry this man and years later , w/children perhaps, have to suffer through a divorce.

Other brides have donated the food and venues to homeless families and/or other charitable causes.

Her dress could be donated as well. 

Regular Contributor

I'm sure she's not in the mood for a party but this is a blessing in disguise. I hope she'll see it that way some time soon.

Valued Contributor

I worked with someone who went to a wedding and the bride was walked up the aisle and before the ceremony started, she said "I want to thank you all for coming, and I especially want to thank my maid of honor for sleeping with my fiance.  Please pick up your gifts on the way out" and left

cookin 

Honored Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I worked with someone who went to a wedding and the bride was walked up the aisle and before the ceremony started, she said "I want to thank you all for coming, and I especially want to thank my maid of honor for sleeping with my fiance.  Please pick up your gifts on the way out" and left

cookin 

Good for her !!!!!

Honored Contributor

I find it unlikely the groom gave no  indication he was not all in with this marriage long before. That the bride didn't realize it makes me think she didn't want to know.

She should sue him for the total amount minus what she can get for the engagement ring. However, if she goes ahead with the reception, has a party, he won't have reimburse her for it.

Respected Contributor

I knew a couple who were a month away from getting married she had bought the furniture moved her clothing in and moved in, she was very religous and never had lived with a man before and she was 50 and he was 56 after living with him, she told him she could not handle the guilt and moved back to her home town and said she couldn't marry him and the wedding was less then two weeks away.

She was a principle and lived in an upscale town in California and owned her own townhouse, he was in sales and made good money and so money wasn't a motive. It was sad, and I felt bad for my friend. I asked him if she gave him the ring back since she called it off and he said she kept it, but he kept the leather sofa and love seat. Since they were paying for their own wedding and had to place deposits, most of the merchants did not give them their refunds back.

The whole thing was sad   

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18