Honored Contributor

Magic Johnson stood up his current wify, Cookie 3xs at the altar. 

The first 2xs was the NIGHT before the wedding.  The 3rd time was the day of the wedding. 

==============

My cousin cancelled her wedding AFTER all us bridesmaid spent $$$$$ on our dresses 2 weeks before the wedding.  To this day, no one knows why the wedding was cancelled.  The rumor in the family is that the groom wanted her to sign a pre-nuptual agreement.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Occasional Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

It happened to my friend's daughter.  Cancelled about 1-2 weeks before the EXTRAVAGANT wedding and the bride was pregnant.  Eventually got back together and married after the baby was born. Not long afterward they divorced. OY!

Oh my goodness!  Sorry to hear that!

Respected Contributor

Re: CANCELLED WEDDING

[ Edited ]

It's definitely an awkward situation.  

But it may prove to be a "blessing in disguise."  

As @hoosieroriginal said, . . .  "celebrate anyway."

Honored Contributor

@Spinach2 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

What was your previous nic?

hnj

Spinach - LOL

Tells me all I need to know.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Magic Johnson stood up his current wify, Cookie 3xs at the altar. 

The first 2xs was the NIGHT before the wedding.  The 3rd time was the day of the wedding. 

==============

My cousin cancelled her wedding AFTER all us bridesmaid spent $$$$$ on our dresses 2 weeks before the wedding.  To this day, no one knows why the wedding was cancelled.  The rumor in the family is that the groom wanted her to sign a pre-nuptual agreement.

At least if he did as for a pre-nup it was the night before the wedding, which happened to my sister-in-law.  She didn't sign it and they married but the marriage crumbled.  

Valued Contributor

I'm sure the bride doesn't quite know what to do at this point.  Since these things cost thousands, I would definately have the guests come to a party!

No way would let it go to waste!  Once the initial awkwardness is past, all

could have a great time.  People can wear what they want to, and the bridesmaids can, as well.

As for the gown, I would sell it.

Sure, still a lot of money down the tubes, but at least the reception money would still be used.  I would even have the cake cut up and served, but maybe that's just me.  Wedding cakes cost hundreds of dollars these days.

The bride can hold her head high, these things happen.

Respected Contributor

I don't know anyone like this, but I sure know a couple of people who probably wished it would have happened rather than having to divorce shortly after the wedding. 

Occasional Contributor

@Anniecamp wrote:

I'm sure the bride doesn't quite know what to do at this point.  Since these things cost thousands, I would definately have the guests come to a party!

No way would let it go to waste!  Once the initial awkwardness is past, all

could have a great time.  People can wear what they want to, and the bridesmaids can, as well.

As for the gown, I would sell it.

Sure, still a lot of money down the tubes, but at least the reception money would still be used.  I would even have the cake cut up and served, but maybe that's just me.  Wedding cakes cost hundreds of dollars these days.

The bride can hold her head high, these things happen.

She's already sent out emails cancelling the wedding.  

Honored Contributor

I'm sure it's difficult to go through, but it's better than marrying and divorcing.

Honored Contributor

That's just awful..... I believe that whomever got stuck with the bill for all that should send half of the bill to the bum guy..... seems only fair.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*