Esteemed Contributor

Re: CAMILLE COSBY DEFENDS HER HUSBAND

Many marriages are for convenience and that is not a crime highly immoral but not illegal.  Bill Cosby is a criminal and low life.  The very sad part for me is that he seemed to be the voice of reason and role model for young men in the African American community.  He is a fraud and despicable and if I "made the man" well, I wouldn't be too proud and I would take every cent he had and get as far away from him as I could.  If she remains with him, well, she is as bad as he is and quite a pathetic creature. 

Respected Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

Many marriages are for convenience and that is not a crime highly immoral but not illegal.  Bill Cosby is a criminal and low life.  The very sad part for me is that he seemed to be the voice of reason and role model for young men in the African American community.  He is a fraud and despicable and if I "made the man" well, I wouldn't be too proud and I would take every cent he had and get as far away from him as I could.  If she remains with him, well, she is as bad as he is and quite a pathetic creature. 

This is the sad part.   Everyone thought of him as an icon.

Many years ago my cousin was married to an Indian guy, who was the pride of the reservation.  He went to college became a teacher, extremely handsome.  We all really liked him, he seemed like a wonderful husband/father.  He seemed perfect.  Well it turned out he was sleeping with young school girls and possibly molesting his own daughter.    This was crushing to all of us, thankfully he went to jail.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

@debc wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

This is the sad part.   Everyone thought of him as an icon.

Many years ago my cousin was married to an Indian guy, who was the pride of the reservation.  He went to college became a teacher, extremely handsome.  We all really liked him, he seemed like a wonderful husband/father.  He seemed perfect.  Well it turned out he was sleeping with young school girls and possibly molesting his own daughter.    This was crushing to all of us, thankfully he went to jail.

Yes, when I mentored young people, I often mentioned him as a role model.  Your cousin's story is a sad one...it is scary how easy it is to fool people....saddest of all we start to mistrust people even if they appear outwardly to be good as your cousin's story is not unusual.   

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

.........................I wasn't trying to, in any way, defend what Bill Cosby has done when I talked about a marriage of convienience.  I didn't explain myself very well.    In the back of my mind I was thinking about the lies they both have lived.  Believe me when I say....I think he is a criminal and should be prosecuted.

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

I'm not sure I'd call a marriage of convenience "highly immoral" ......  it happens all the time for all sorts of reasons.    Example:   many women get married so they can have children and be financially supported but the man is really secondary.    It is what it is.

We have NO IDEA what their marriage is like and how it evolved over the years .....  Camille indicated they have an "open" marriage .....  so what?     It's the criminal activity that is cause for concern here.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Oh brother ......

Camille Cosby is a real idiot .....

"  As for Bill's infidelity, Camille says, according to the source: "You have to allow for space to let your partner do what he wants. I have done that and [Bill] has done that and there's no jealousy, no friction."

Camille Cosby is also her husband's business manager. She sees the allegations against him as "an affront to her and all that she's done to make him a star," a second source tells the Post.

Last week, Camille Cosby held a "crisis meeting" with the family's lawyers and PR advisors, according to the Post. Advisors suggested that Bill Cosby refrain from any attempts to stage a career comeback.

"I created him, I knew what I was getting and we'll fix this," Camille reportedly said at the meeting.  "

Here's the link to the full article:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/bill-cosby-wife-camille-rape-allegations/

She may NOT have been an idiot.  Why?  Just ONE sentence:

"Camille Cosby is also her husband's business manager."

Nuff said!

She knew exactly what she was doing.  

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."