Honored Contributor

Re: Burt Reynolds has passed away

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

Wow...this is really sad news...Burt Reynolds was a good actor and I loved his character Quint in Gunsmoke...I would watch Smokey and the Bandit over and over when I was younger.  I was waiting to watch his latest movie "The Last Movie Star" he will be missed!

Oh my!  Quint in Gunsmoke.  I'd forgotten all about that.  Gosh, that was so long ago.   I liked him, but unlike many women, I never thought he was all that attractive.

Remember when he was married to Judy Carne for about 15 minutes?

Honored Contributor

I read today that Burt Reynolds first big role was in Deliverance. I had almost forgotten he was in that film; I remember him most from Smokey and the Bandit. He has a film coming out in November. Wonder if his death will change the release of the movie.  I always liked him...very handsome and loved the characters he played.

Respected Contributor

I am also sorry to hear of Burt's passing. I to had a crush on him. He was so handsome. I saw him on TV recently and thought how bad he looks. I loved his movies and his personality. This is such a loss. 

Honored Contributor

The Cosmo photo is in the story in People online.  He looks pretty darn good!  The People article also states that Judy Carne claimed he beat her.

@lovesrecess I'd forgotten he'd been in Deliverance also.

Respected Contributor

WHAT A HUNK !!!!!

Honored Contributor

Sally Field's comment about Burt, to People on Burt's passing:

“There are times in your life that are so indelible, they never fade away,” Field said in a statement to PEOPLE. “They stay alive, even forty years later. My years with Burt never leave my mind. He will be in my history and my heart, for as long as I live. Rest, Buddy.”

Honored Contributor

I listened to the audio book of his autobiography. My recollection is that he pretty much called himself a jerk at the peak of his popularity. He got kinder and more humble as age took its toll. Dinah Shore put up with a lot during their years together. Wish he had married Sally Field.

Respected Contributor

Rest in peace, Burt.   You were part of the tapestry and soundtrack of our lives and we thank you for that.

Pleased to see Sally Field's beautiful comment.

Respected Contributor

I don't think we, his fans, really knew the man.  Perhaps, those closest to him didn't know him either.  We are grateful for his talent and bid him a fond farewell. 

Respected Contributor

RIP, Burt.  I had that copy of Cosmopolitan where he posed with a towel covering a certain area.  I enjoyed many of his movies and TV appearances.  One of my favorite movies of his is "Starting Over" with Candice Bergen.  Heart