Esteemed Contributor

Re: Burt Reynolds has passed away

@Jordan2 wrote:

Burt Reynolds was probably one of the first men to pose nude (centerfold in Cosmopolitan magazine). One of my favorite movies of his is The Longest Yard. On the news tonight with David Muir they had a story about his love affair with Sally Field. He said in a 2015 print interview that Sally was the one that got away, the love of his life. Burt was married to Judy Carne and Loni Anderson, I wonder how she feels about not being the love of his life?

I doubt she would say that he was the love of her life either.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh well, never cared for him.  RIP.

Respected Contributor

Actor John Schneider, issued a nice statement on the passing of his friend, Burt Reynolds:

"One of my most vivid memories as a sixteen-year-old was skipping school and climbing over a fence, finding someone with a radio, and talking myself onto the set of Smokey and the Bandit at the fairgrounds in Atlanta.

Years later after The Dukes of Hazzard started, I had a friendship with Burt Reynolds and I cherished it. Years after that, I would go to Burt's house for his birthday party or for different functions and sing with Dom Deluise and other friends, and after that I would go to Burt's house with my son Chasen and watch football and Burt was the only person who could ever get me to watch football.

I'll miss my friend, I will miss his laugh, I will miss the future marks he was going to make on this world. But I know that he was in pain. I know that his body had given out after years of sports and stunts and doing crazy things that he loved so much.

So I’m delighted that my friend is no longer in pain and he's hanging out with some of the greatest sports figures and actors and comedians and singers and wonderful people in the world because anyone who ever met Burt met a friend.

So here's to you buddy. Say Hi, to Jimmy Best and Dom Deluise and Hal Needham and Jim Nabors and all those wonderful people up there who were lucky enough to call you friend down here.” 

Honored Contributor

I’ve been watching some episodes of Evening Shade on YouTube and I’m reminded how smart and funny it is. Great writing. Terrific cast. Marilu Henner, Hal Holbrook, Charles Durning, Ozzie Davis, Elizabeth Ashley, Michael Jeter. Reynolds won both a Golden Globe and an Emmy. He is absolutely charming and funny.
Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Burt Reynolds was probably one of the first men to pose nude (centerfold in Cosmopolitan magazine). One of my favorite movies of his is The Longest Yard. On the news tonight with David Muir they had a story about his love affair with Sally Field. He said in a 2015 print interview that Sally was the one that got away, the love of his life. Burt was married to Judy Carne and Loni Anderson, I wonder how she feels about not being the love of his life?

Burt used to say Dinah Shore was the love of his life.  He proposed to her many times but she turned him down.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Burt used to say Dinah Shore was the love of his life.  He proposed to her many times but she turned him down.

@KKJ, it was a different time back then, she was older than he was. Today no one would care.